Need a new pc game…. Not brought one for 2 years!

Soldato
Hi guys, I’m looking to get a new PC game for my ageing pc, I have not purchased a game since BF2 in late 2005. My pc is low spec now and has a GT 6600 gcard and a 3000cpu with a gig of ram, I’m looking for something with online options to, games I have enjoyed in the past would be
Bf2
mafia
jedi knight II
jedi academy
max payne 1,2

so any good games over the last 2 years? I looked at the Kane & Lynch but peeps seem to give it a low rating in general

Associate
Half Life 2: The Orange Box. It contains Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2. That should keep you going for a while. Portal and Team Fortress 2 are unbelievably good.

Soldato
I suggest The Orange Box, The Witcher (if you like RPGs) and Crysis for sure. Excellent games.

Edit: Forgot about the spec, I wouldn't bother with Crysis but the other two will be great.

Man of Honour
Ah, my kind of thread :)

Last 2 years is limiting your options somewhat, any chance of going back further? I'd recommend checking out:

Flatout 2
Fahrenheit
Darkstar One
Moto GP URT3 (MotoGP 2007 is out now, not sure how it runs)
Dawn of War: Anthology (may lag a bit in places)

Associate
Im sorry to hijack, but can anyone explain what type of gameplay TF2 is? Ive got the orange box for xmas, is it anything like BF2?

Thanks, and again sorry for thread hijack but i guess it may help :p

Associate
In a nutshell

Similarities:

Multiplayer
Respawn after dieing
Choice of classes to play as
Team orientated with engineers and medics
2 teams

Differences:

No vehicles
Considerably smaller maps in TF2
TF2 is a more fictional cartoony all out guns blazing whilst BF2 is war style with more tactics and military gameplay
TF2 is very small and intense style of gameplay (bit like Unreal Tournament) whereas BF2 you might not see somebody for 4-5 mins.

Just youtube search some vids and you'll get an immediate idea of what the style of gameplay is.

Soldato
I looked at the Kane & Lynch but peeps seem to give it a low rating in general

Don't get K&L it's actually quite rubbish. No replayability at all.

I agree with most, taking into consideration the age of your machine COD4 (low settings) and the orange box should be on your xmas wishlist.

I heard that SOF:payback has rubbish storyline the only thing unique is the orignal SOF style gore but you'd get pretty bored with that very soon too.

Back
Top Bottom