Need help wiring up !

Associate
thought I would try build my pc (not the smartest idea) anyways I need a lot of help with the wiring for the front panel wiring from the case to my motherboard I “ think “everything else is ok it’s a noctis 450 rog case and a z370f rog strix mb but hard to upload pics would be happy to FaceTime or what’s app call if possible am really stressed as it cost a lot , I work a lot , and my backs killing please help

Associate
This may or may not help.

First step is to read the ******* manuals
CASE https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna...nt/308/Noctis-450-manual-multi-language-1.pdf
MOTHERBOARD https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13351_ROG_STRIX_Z370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna...nt/308/Noctis-450-manual-multi-language-1.pdf

Page 11/12
Shows you an overview of the cables and layout of 2 hubs, one which is the LED hub and the other Which is the Fan hub as well as Front pannel Audio,power-light and power-switch, as well as various usb 2 and usb 3 connections for the front pannel. The Audio (may need a bios tweak) and usb stuff should be simple enough to follow. These only fit one way in most cases.
Read page 13 first!

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13351_ROG_STRIX_Z370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf

Page 1-17 And 2-10
Connect +P LED and -P LED to PLED+ and PLED- From left to right, then connect POWER SW to PWRBTN# and GRND from left to right.
Note: 3rd pin (if it has one) on the power button connector is empty, that pin would sit on the right.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E13351_ROG_STRIX_Z370-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
1-16 And 2-8
Make sure both power connectors are plugged in.

1-15
Connect 4 pin PWM Fan hub cable to C. Also connect the 4 pin D shaped molex plug from the same hub/loom to a power molex from your PSU. This also appears to power the LED hub as well and that should work from a switch somewhere.

Your Version of case.
https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna...ent/598/N450_ROG-manual-122216-ver3_-_Web.pdf

It's pretty simple stuff at the end of the day, have fun and don't stress so much.
I used to take the Build insurance option when I first started building expensive rigs.

Associate
OP
I’ve managed to get it powering up / all fans and gpu / cpu running but now am getting no signal to my tv and my mouse and keyboard seem to be getting no power from usb

Associate
Have you got it sorted yet?
If not have you plugged your tv/mouse/keyboard into the front panel usb or into the back? I fit's plugged into the front I'd plug them into the back instead for now.
Are you able to upload pics now or no? It would really help to see what's connected to what.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately not I tried front usb slots and rear nothing happened I must have damaged the motherboard I’ve messaged retailer for replacement kinda regret not getting it pre made sucks not having the know how and I can’t upload any pics from my phone for some reason

maj

maj

Soldato
Rear should just work if you have mobo grounded and it has power to it. Front working will require being connected to F_USB header on mobo. What are you using to get video from GPU to TV? HDMI? Have you tried using onboard graphics to get picture to TV?

What GPU do you have? You say GPU fans are spinning but are both power leads for it connected? Most modern cards these days require 2 6-pin cables connected.

It can be quite daunting building a PC for that first time and can be really frustrating when things just don't work but it does get easier over time.

Associate
Unfortunately not I tried front usb slots and rear nothing happened I must have damaged the motherboard I’ve messaged retailer for replacement kinda regret not getting it pre made sucks not having the know how and I can’t upload any pics from my phone for some reason
Don't chuck in the towel yet flower! I build my own PCs always & I'm one of the least knowledgeable people on the forum & I'm a girl. Seriously I'd say it is more likely the motherboard is fine than not. Just keep posting & people will help you through. Honestly the feeling of accomplishment & (relief for a first timer)when you succeed will be worth it.

Associate
OP
Rear should just work if you have mobo grounded and it has power to it. Front working will require being connected to F_USB header on mobo. What are you using to get video from GPU to TV? HDMI? Have you tried using onboard graphics to get picture to TV?

What GPU do you have? You say GPU fans are spinning but are both power leads for it connected? Most modern cards these days require 2 6-pin cables connected.

It can be quite daunting building a PC for that first time and can be really frustrating when things just don't work but it does get easier over time.
I tried both usb front / and back it’s a gtx 1060 ASUSstrix oc and I tried it from on board graphics aswell no look also seen that there was red light saying cpu checked it and the pins in mb socket slightly bent gg

Associate
OP
Don't chuck in the towel yet flower! I build my own PCs always & I'm one of the least knowledgeable people on the forum & I'm a girl. Seriously I'd say it is more likely the motherboard is fine than not. Just keep posting & people will help you through. Honestly the feeling of accomplishment & (relief for a first timer)when you succeed will be worth it.
Thanks for the kind words and it’s super frustrating especially when you have been working night shifts so am just going extra tired extra skint

Associate
Thanks for the kind words and it’s super frustrating especially when you have been working night shifts so am just going extra tired extra skint
I'm an RGN, I did permanent nights for years it can be sheer hell. If you can hang on wait until you've days off or are feeling more rested & hit the forum. I bet it can be sorted honestly. Often it is one tiny thing in the wrong place & it messes it all up. It's a case of working through it methodically to see what the issue is. Often I've found just having fresh eyes (through asking on here) can help. And then it fires into life when you change that one thing. This has happened to me & I've nearly always found it is me which is good because it means I can get it working rather than send things back :)

Edit bent pins isn't great - really need pics

maj

maj

Soldato
I tried both usb front / and back it’s a gtx 1060 ASUSstrix oc and I tried it from on board graphics aswell no look also seen that there was red light saying cpu checked it and the pins in mb socket slightly bent gg

You do have to be careful when putting CPU in. I've heard of people damaging the pins but touch wood its never happened to me. For fitting CPU you just make sure triangle symbol on cpu matches the one on the mobo and then gently drop into place. Then clamp it down using bracket on mobo. If that's what you've done then not sure how its became damaged unless its a manufacturing fault. You could try RAMing and seeing what happens.

It would explain the problems you're having though, as it sounds like the computer isn't even getting to POST stage.

Can you host a picture on imgur and link it here so we can take a look?

Associate
OP
EXkRC56
Gghttps://imgur.com/gallery/EXkRC56

Associate
OP
Oh my word am so ****** right now let me explain before I made these purchases my freind told me to get this motherboard instead of the z270f which I was looking at f me !! That’s ****** me off and yes I did but from the jungle also they are coming to collect the mb today and give me the replacement what am I going to do

Associate
Oh my word am so ****** right now let me explain before I made these purchases my freind told me to get this motherboard instead of the z270f which I was looking at f me !! That’s ****** me off and yes I did but from the jungle also they are coming to collect the mb today and give me the replacement what am I going to do
Cancel the board exchange ring them, the good news is they'll take it back. You want a full refund. Do NOT take an exchange. Tell them you are sending back the CPU as well for a refund as you can't use one without the other.

This gives you breathing space to decide what to do & you don't lose your money.

Say your friend got you a cpu/motherboard bundle as you needed the PC up & running for work, you couldn't wait.
If you'd dealt with Asus they would refuse to fix the pins in most cases, & charge you if you want them to do it as they have to reflow the board.

Then have a cup of tea & relax then tell us what you want to do with your PC & your budget & the clever people (not me :D)on here will guide you

Back
Top Bottom