Need recommendation on Headphones Plz

Associate
devilkazuya said:
what is the advantage of having a headphone amp?
It depends the headphone (and amp) really. It can be a little of everything. The most prominent improvement is often in the low end (bass go deeper, harder).

I suppose that for the price of the HD650 without an amp, you could get the HD580 with an amp. That could be an interesting alternative.

Soldato
OP
thanks everyone for all your help, sorry for the late reply have had serious computer problems, but just one last thing if you dont mind

@TooNice
thanks for all your help, things are a lot more clear now and because of your post have made up my mind kinda now,

Sound Card (as transport) -> Dedicated DAC (as source) -> Dedicated Amp -> Headphone.

this is the setup i will aim for, but will first get headphone and soundcard.

headphones is HD650 but i am still not sure on the sound card, have decided to get a X-fi but which one should i get,

X-Fi Xtreme Music, X-Fi Platinum or X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS Edition since there is not much # between them,although would prefer the cheapest if it does not make much difference. i know you mentioned that the pro version is best with a dedicated DAC, but do i really need it as i am going to be getting them seperate in the very near future anyway?

thanks a lot m8t :) :)

Last edited:
Associate
I agree with fish99.
The only reason to get any of the other version would be for the increased connectivity (I suppose it is worth mentioning that the X-Fi base card share the digital connector and microphone in).

Soldato
OP
big thanks to everyone who gave me advice, here.

when i get it all up and running, i will let you know how it goes but it will be after my exams(not long left). I really hope the sound is great.

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom