Need to replace my front door...

Associate
Participant;30488248 said:
£2,700, but we basically went for the most expensive company around as we trusted them more than the other jokers we met.

It's a Rockdoor Ultimate in 'Irish oak' inside and out, with self locking, laminated frosted glass, and bar handle inside and out, so basically the most expensive combo there is.

Love it! Taanks for the details!

Permabanned
OP
So update, I got my new door (yey) with the yale keyfree connected lock :)

So I have set up a pin for my partner and I, next up is to connect to home automation :)

I'm using home assistant at the moment so we'll see how easy that is...

aYThyI4l.jpg

YlNY7xyl.jpg

Caporegime
Looks good. What's the thinking behind the dual colour thing? I always felt that I'd be able to fool myself it was real wood more easily if it was the same colour on both sides.

Guess it's so it blends better with typical interior decor?

Soldato
It makes the inside a lot lighter as white reflects light much better than black. Noticed a big difference when we changed the dark door at our last place.

Nice door, I have the same Yale Keyfree as well, connected to Smartthings. Really handy although you can never lie about when you came home from the pub now. ;)

Permabanned
OP
yep it also makes the room look larger / less cluttered on the eyes due to matching walls.

Your brain should know that you can paint 1 side of a door 1 colour, the other another, and it will still be wooden! :D

my zwave module is arriving tonight, (mine came with the remote keyfob because I didn't specify :p) really liking the keypad access :)

Associate
Doesn't that handle get in the way when putting key in the lock and trying to turn it?

It would do with a big bunch of keys. That was one of my thoughts when I saw how it had been done but so far it's been ok.

I only have my car key and the key for this and a couple of other small ones so it's fine.

You don't get a choice of where the bar goes, it is a standard location from the factory.

Back
Top Bottom