• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Need to unlock max gpu temp R9 295x2

Associate
OP
Is the fan moving on the radiator and the gpu?
Err as it happens, nope the pull fan isn't pluged in.

Forgive me for asking but are you sure the second fan you installed is blowing the right way?

Luckily it is the right way round. few.

Doh, it appears I was wrong and the pull fan was not working since it somehow became disconnected from the MB probably when I replaced the PSU. So rage over, although the Max temp for GPU2 is now 72C in Heaven which does not leave much room for overclocking.

Thank you to everyone for helping me get to the bottom of the problem and I will look out for that new BIOS.

Last edited:
Associate
Err as it happens, nope the pull fan isn't pluged in.

Luckily it is the right way round. few.

Doh, it appears I was wrong and the pull fan was not working since it somehow became disconnected from the MB probably when I replaced the PSU. So rage over, although the Max temp for GPU2 is now 72C in Heaven which does not leave much room for overclocking.

Thank you to everyone for helping me get to the bottom of the problem and I will look out for that new BIOS.

72c is still quiet high, maybe you have bad airflow in the case, or ambiant air temp high in your room, but you can always add a 2nd fan to the radiator, 1 front and 1 on the back, maybe buy couple corsair or bequiet fans

Associate
I'm having a lot of issues with this card, random blue screens and crashes ranging from kernel security errors to Irql errors (win 8.1)

I tried the 14.4 drivers and wolfenstien and watch dogs crash reinstalled the 14.6 and the PC crashes during install of the drivers

I did a clean install on the machine this morning so I dunno what the issue is no OC on the card and I took off the OC on the CPU

Any ideas

Caporegime
I'm having a lot of issues with this card, random blue screens and crashes ranging from kernel security errors to Irql errors (win 8.1)

I tried the 14.4 drivers and wolfenstien and watch dogs crash reinstalled the 14.6 and the PC crashes during install of the drivers

I did a clean install on the machine this morning so I dunno what the issue is no OC on the card and I took off the OC on the CPU

Any ideas

Sounds like a stability issue with your pc mate rather than an issue with the card. Increase cpu and dram vcore if you want to keep you overclock going.

Man of Honour
I use 20 runs ofg intel burn test 'very high' to check stability, but no doubt there are better and less demanding ways to check it. If you do use it make sure you keep an eye on temps. I'm told by scotty that haswell gets quite hot when using IBT.

The Physics test in 3dmark11 on a loop for a couple of minutes will give the RAM a good stressing.

Associate
Thanks :) is it a massive boost and do i need an Xfire bridge?

on the kernel Error i had no OC on Cpu Or GPU, after reinstalling windows for the 4th time it all seems to be ok so far although bench on firestrike was low at 15.5k!

Man of Honour
Thanks :) is it a massive boost and do i need an Xfire bridge?

No bridge is needed.

Make sure you can keep the cards cool enough with good air flow.

If you want to know what Hawaii trifire runs like let me know which benches you are interested in (out of the ones we use at OCUK) and I will run 2 and 3 way comparisons for you at the same clocks as a 295X2.

Associate
because of the errors i had currently its at 3.5 stock, but for the past year i have had it at 4.5 stable on water, have had it at 4.7 and will run ok but some games blue screen with the WHEA Uncorrectable error

4.5 seems to be the sweet Spot

Man of Honour
because of the errors i had currently its at 3.5 stock, but for the past year i have had it at 4.5 stable on water, have had it at 4.7 and will run ok but some games blue screen with the WHEA Uncorrectable error

4.5 seems to be the sweet Spot

I will do some runs on 2 and 3 GPUs using Heaven 4 and Firestrike @1018/1250 using 4 cores on my 4930k @4.5 (similar performance to a 4770k).

Back in a bit

Back
Top Bottom