Neighbours axed

Im gona miss it as i watch it still, watched it since a kid but stopped for awhile after say 2005 i think but started rewatching few years back. I think there bringing back old stars as a farewell soon like kylie and jason and maybe harold.

30mil+ a year seems like a staggering amount on this show. Used to watch it when i was a kid so its definitely has legacy but of course its not something I pay any regards to nowadays.

Also amazed that the show only was surviving due to UK interest.

Last in to it about 22 years ago, became regular as finishing work became a on the dot thing at the time. That Billy and Anne storyline engrossed me until it's conclusion. Before that i remember watching it a lot in the 80's like everybody else at school.

Nearly 40 years is a decent innings considering the limited scope of the show.

I remember watching Pepper strut up the road bouncing.... Was one of the most epic things I've witnessed on TV :D

30mil+ a year seems like a staggering amount on this show. Used to watch it when i was a kid so its definitely has legacy but of course its not something I pay any regards to nowadays.

Also amazed that the show only was surviving due to UK interest.
For something that provided 5 new episodes a week of prime time tv that's really cheap on a per hour basis (around 270 episodes a year/135 hours).

Only time I ever watched this (unwillingly) was when I came home from school and my mother had it on in the afternoon. Over 20 years ago.

Dreadful shame.

Is toadfish still in it?

I used to watch it maybe 20+ years ago late 90's I guess.

Edit: must have been early 90's as I remember the Kennedys moving in.

Is toadfish still in it?

I used to watch it maybe 20+ years ago late 90's I guess.

Edit: must have been early 90's as I remember the Kennedys moving in.
Think I was watching around the exact same time. I remember Toady when he was young and had a troublesome friend. I recall Mrs Mangrel and Joe.

I'm still like "BUT BUT BUT, you used to be Jim Robinson in Neighbours!" whenever I see Alan Dale in a major US blockbuster TV Series/Film, in which he seems have been in pretty much them all in since the early 2000's

I stopped watching after the air guitar competition but was an important part of my after school life. Looked up Carla Bonner (Steph) and Kim Valentine (Libby) the other day, both still looking fine :D (teenage crushes).

They need to make a cross-over soap with the people who never leave; Ian Beale, Lou from Neighbours, Tony from Hollyoaks, Sally/Rita/Norris from Corrie etc.

I stopped watching after the air guitar competition but was an important part of my after school life. Looked up Carla Bonner (Steph) and Kim Valentine (Libby) the other day, both still looking fine :D (teenage crushes).

They need to make a cross-over soap with the people who never leave; Ian Beale, Lou from Neighbours, Tony from Hollyoaks, Sally/Rita/Norris from Corrie etc.

Promise me that you’re kidding, or totally wasted on Khor Ukrainian vodka.

Promise me that you’re kidding, or totally wasted on Khor Ukrainian vodka.

I'm with him, I would definitely not have kicked either of them out of bed.

60308-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom