Neighbours cctv watching me.

Associate
My next door neighbour has cctv camera that can swivel and move around.

I noticed today when i came home for my dinner, as i parked my quad bike on the drive, it followed me and was pointing right at me in my backyard.

I stared right into it as if to say, wtf you looking at.

I get that the novelty of a quad bike they could be curious but it was down right creepy.

After my dinner it was pointing away and as i started up the bike it was looking at me again. (On my property).

I have a wife and 2 small children, i dont like that it can see in my garden and they are controlling it and pointing it.

I'm going to have a word with them next time i see them, they seem like good neighbours as never have trouble with them but this is creeping me out.

Soldato
Just discuss with them what they can see of your property and ask if they can blank out for your privacy and show proof they have done so.

Otherwise, you can always put in a SAR (Subject Access Request) for them to provide all data pertaining to you and/or your property in a timely manner for review before logging a complaint via the police and ICO.

Soldato
See it as a benefit.

If your quad bike gets nicked for example, your neighbors CCTV might be enough for the police to identify the criminal.

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. In fact I'm pretty sure our neighbor has a camera that can see in our garden a little.

Caporegime
your neighbours a modern curtain twitcher
If the cameras can see into your property then I'm 99% certain they have to blank those areas off otherwise they're in breach of some law. Go and speak to them about it.
does anyone care? doorbell cams are in breach too but everyone seems to have them

Back
Top Bottom