Netflix: Nightflyers

Man of Honour
I watched about 10 minutes - it went from bad to worse and I had no interest in getting deeper into it. Funnily enough and completely coincidentally I flicked over from watching it to rewatching the Battlestar Galactica miniseries - which kind of emphasised it wasn't very good as they really nailed how you setup a scifi setting (generally speaking) with the opening sequence on the Galactica.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-k9KfkEc40

EDIT: Actually got a bit of time to kill this morning so will try and persist with the first episode but really not feeling it.

Soldato
coincidentally I flicked over from watching it to rewatching the Battlestar Galactica miniseries - which kind of emphasised it wasn't very good as they really nailed how you setup a scifi setting (generally speaking) with the opening sequence on the Galactica.

Talk about coincidences, only last night I got the BSG Blu-ray boxset out and started watching it again.

Soldato
Watched episode 1 it felt all over the place, with a bunch of fairly unlikable characters. Wondering if I should keep going.

Had a Dune vibe with the Britishness of it, that was one thing I quite liked.

Anyone persisted, thoughts?

Man of Honour
Still not made it to the end of episode 1 - way too all over the place as you said and none of the characters work for me. Also I find the way in the same scene you have some high end visual effects but other parts look like the work of an amateur drama group distracting.

Soldato
Why has the teke guy got such a strong "come at me bruv" london accent when he's been locked up in a mountain most of his life? Absolutely breaks the immersion.

Only on episode 2 and struggling to continue.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I personally thought it was disappointing. It was over elaborate and pretty flimsy, definitely not my cup of tea.

Caporegime
Why has the teke guy got such a strong "come at me bruv" london accent when he's been locked up in a mountain most of his life? Absolutely breaks the immersion.

Only on episode 2 and struggling to continue.

where does it say he was in a mountain his whole life?

i'm finding the acting is really poor but i like the concept. it's as if they had a really small budget to spend on the actors compared to game of thrones, etc.

Soldato
Well I finished it last night... What a load of convoluted claptrap! It was almost as if someone had read the source material, smoked a load of weed, had a binge on a load of scifi and horror movies and TV such as Star Trek TNG, 2001, Event Horizon, Blade Runner and The Shining, then decided to write the show incorporating the most unlikeable characters in an incomprehensible mess..

Man of Honour
Well I finished it last night... What a load of convoluted claptrap! It was almost as if someone had read the source material, smoked a load of weed, had a binge on a load of scifi and horror movies and TV such as Star Trek TNG, 2001, Event Horizon, Blade Runner and The Shining, then decided to write the show incorporating the most unlikeable characters in an incomprehensible mess..

Rian Johnson isn't executive producer by any chance? :p

Back
Top Bottom