Neuralink - demo with a paralysed person.

Caporegime
This is pretty incredible, this guy is paralysed from the waist down (edit) - neck down and now he's able to control a cursor and play a game of chess using his mind:

That in itself is awesome, though the possible future applications seem even more awesome - bridges for damaged nerves for example, maybe, with the help of a future implant, this guy's nerves can be reconnected and he'll be able to move his arms and legs again too.

Last edited:
Soldato
AfOXPx5.png

Caporegime
I don’t care how many people claim it will never be possible because of physics, but warp speed will happen in the very distant future.

Aren’t we already getting close to the Star Trek type impulse power engines?

Last edited:
Caporegime
hasnt their been pc peripherals that let you do that since decades now, and you just wear them on your head

Video talking about neurolink 3 years before elon stole the idea btw :p
0:59 seconds talking about putting a sensor in someones brain

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't know much about neuralink but he says his implant has to charge, so there's a battery in his brain, what happens if it leaked ?

Also there's been tech out there a while that can control electronics via brain stimuli without needing an implant

Although the problem with this kind of tech is, you need to be hyper focused to get it to work so no multitasking like moving both legs at the same time so powersuits for the disabled are still a ways off

Associate
I don't know much about neuralink but he says his implant has to charge, so there's a battery in his brain, what happens if it leaked ?

Also there's been tech out there a while that can control electronics via brain stimuli without needing an implant

Although the problem with this kind of tech is, you need to be hyper focused to get it to work so no multitasking like moving both legs at the same time so powersuits for the disabled are still a ways off
Hack, punk buster will kick you, unfair advantage.

Soldato
This is pretty incredible, this guy is paralysed from the waist down (edit) - neck down and now he's able to control a cursor and play a game of chess using his mind:

Your edit makes a bit more sense, as I must admit I wasn't too impressed initially by someone paralysed from the waist down playing chess! :p

Soldato
hasnt their been pc peripherals that let you do that since decades now, and you just wear them on your head

Video talking about neurolink 3 years before elon stole the idea btw :p
0:59 seconds talking about putting a sensor in someones brain
Yes but they are janky as. Neuralink is much more accurate and easy to use apparently, the outside-the-skull ones were very gimmicky and not really that useful for long periods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom