Never Mind The Buzzcocks

Caporegime
That's the great thing about Amstell, he's a skinny little weakling, with a stupid fashion sense, so you know it's a joke and nothing to get offended over.

What, the whole point is he's a skinny little weakling, and he's one of the few people with the balls to tell the likes of blue, to their faces, how pathetic they are.

Its funny because he's accurate and he's NOT joking. People do get offended, and the enduring hilarity that is small scale celebrities desparate to stay famous is they will go on the show, knowing they'll get ripped to shreds, knowing they are talentless idiots, just to stay famous that bit longer. Some people are obviously on their because they are good, decent comedians and musicians, but they tend to have a joke on every week who he'll rip into.

If it wasn't serious he'd be making the same remarks and jokes about everyone, talented and not, but its the fact he lays into the truly talentless idiots that shows its real and, great.

Without him there is no show anymore, lamarr wasn't bad but he never "attacked" to the same level as Anstell, likewise he never got as bad people in who deserved to be mocked mercilessly. Lamarr's the better "presenter", if Anstell only had truly world class musicians and comedians on he'd be fairly poor. But Anstell is far better at making jokes at the guests expense, if Lamarr had the same idiot guests on he wouldn't have been as good doing what Anstell did.

Guest stars = the lose.

Soldato
Sounds like it was pretty crap then. Think I'll skip the new series and keep watching it on Dave.

Quality one was on the other night with Kelly Rowland

KR: "The power of Christ compels you"

SA: "I'm a Jew!"

:D

Quality moment.

Associate
I did find it quite funny last night, although could've done without Corden. I like Fielding, he's a good enough replacement for Bailey. I am a bit gutted about Amstell leaving though, I did find him very entertaining. I was never a fan of Mark Lamarr, when Amstell insulted people it was at least funny, Lamarr was just...not very nice.

I still giggle when I think of Simon Amstell in that bunny costume :D

Soldato
I might start watching this again if Amstell is gone for good. I loved it until Mark Lamarr left but I just can't stand Simon Amstell and he ruined the show for me :(.

Soldato
Have to say I disagree with most of you. James Corden I thought was very good, not quite as good as previous hosts, but for a first time he did very well. Also, the script was clearly written by the same person/people, so it was just a different face reading out much of the same stuff tbh.

However, Noel Fielding was funny, but not a replacement for Bill Bailey yet, he may grow into the role though as he gets more comfortable. Maybe it's just my sense of humour.

Quite looking forward to seeing some guest hosts on here, should be fun. I think Bob Mortimer would make a worthy full time replacement though, I think his humour is on about the right level as Lamarr and Amstell.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Lamarr and Amstell were both very good. Cordon was not. Let's hope that the other guest hosts are better.

Soldato
Mark Lamarr is and always will be the best, like Sean Connery will always be the best Bond. Amstell was a nice change but his presenting technique just declined into insulting the guests towards the end, sometimes it was funny but often, uncomfortable.

Ah you mean Brosnan. Old fuddy duddys who think Lamar and Connery were better.. :p

Soldato
If there's one person I loath more than Lamarr it's that Amstell bloke - if this means he's off the telly then today's a good day!

Back
Top Bottom