• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New 6700xt not posting...

Associate
So been 3 1/2 months trying to get a gpu and finally got one - Gibbos voucher 6700xt.
And I can't get it to work (no post, no bios screen, hdmi nor dp).

- I have a 970gtx that works fine, already retested 3 times with each card.
- I previously had a red devil 5700xt that used a 8pin and 6pin same as this card and the 5700xt worked fine.
- I have a ax850 gold corsair psu.

Tried different pcie cables (didn't help).

Any other ideas.

Associate
was going to say the PCIE Cables as my Red Devil 6700XT does not like it if you use the daisy chain cables...

psu-8pin-to-2x-6-2pin-pcie-power-supply-corsair-cable-replacement-vasculio82-1604-27-vasculio82@1.jpg

Ironically my Reference RX 6800 is happy as larry using them. In that Rig I think its a Corsair TX650M so nothing too fancy. Not sure what to say if you have tried multiple cable combos

Soldato
Sorry no help other than this guy seemed to have the same problem today?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34667287/
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34667739/

Got my card today too. I had a bit of a nightmare getting the drivers installed (came from 5600xt), kept just using the generic display driver. Even when trying to install the drivers again.. Had to use ddu to get rid of the old radeon drivers and install them again, was really weird.. But works now..

Also I used that same style pcie (8 and daisy to a 6). My 5600xt just used the single 8.

Associate
I have the pulse model. Also using the daisy chain cable 2 x 8 pin with 2 hanging at the side. Cables look a mess but the case is hiding behind my second monitor so no one can see it anyway.

No issues to report, i was going to use ddu to remove the old driver but decided not to bother as was upgrading from vega 56 pulse. No issues at all so far but have not tried to OC or mess around too much.

Soldato
Installed mine today, no issues so far.

As others have said, using 2x 8 pin cables (although this card only needs 1x 8pin and 1x 6pin - despite the spec sheet!).

I did initially have an issue posting, but just moved the Display Port cable into a different port on the card and it worked. Switched it back later and all is fine. Could just be a coincidence rather than a fix :D

Are you running two monitors or screens? Maybe try with just one first.

Associate
OP
was going to say the PCIE Cables as my Red Devil 6700XT does not like it if you use the daisy chain cables...

psu-8pin-to-2x-6-2pin-pcie-power-supply-corsair-cable-replacement-vasculio82-1604-27-vasculio82@1.jpg

Ironically my Reference RX 6800 is happy as larry using them. In that Rig I think its a Corsair TX650M so nothing too fancy. Not sure what to say if you have tried multiple cable combos

When you say your 6700 didn't like a daisy chain - did it post at all? I'm getting nothing.

Associate
OP
Installed mine today, no issues so far.

As others have said, using 2x 8 pin cables (although this card only needs 1x 8pin and 1x 6pin - despite the spec sheet!).

I did initially have an issue posting, but just moved the Display Port cable into a different port on the card and it worked. Switched it back later and all is fine. Could just be a coincidence rather than a fix :D

Are you running two monitors or screens? Maybe try with just one first.

I'll try a diff dp port see if that helps. But did try the hdmi and dp...

Associate
OP
clear cmos? Have you also inspected the card for damage? Checked mb pci settings if doesnt work pcie 4 try 3?

Don't see any damage, I'd have to put my 970 in to go to pcie 3, sort of hate to do that since I got a wdsn850 pcie 4 Nvme drive. Havnt cleared cmos? But did just put a new bios on but again with the 970 boots fine.

Associate
OP

BTW not ideal but did try in my old system using a 550w psu, nothing either.

Associate
Is it on a riser?

I'm having issues using mine on a riser off a x570 board (NZXT H1 case), two separate pcie power cables.

Moved it to my outgoing PC (no riser) and although it
had some visual glitches in the bios like parts of the screen jumping around, I reset the BIOS and done a clean install of Windows. It has worked and have installed the Radeon drivers, will test a bit more and move it back to the case with a riser.

Soldato
Someone said this to me before I got mine

Quick word of advice before you install that so you don't go through what I did. If you have resizable bar enable on your bios, disable it before you put your new card in or you won't get an image out and you'll spend ages trying to work it out and then scratch the backplate of your card taking it in and out five times, like I did

Associate
I'm having issues using mine on a riser off a x570 board (NZXT H1 case), two separate pcie power cables.

had some visual glitches in the bios like parts of the screen jumping around, I reset the BIOS and done a clean install of Windows. It has worked and have installed the Radeon drivers, will test a bit more and move it back to the case with a riser.

Are you using the original NZXT riser and are you aware of the issues with it? If so, I'd contact them for the replacement one before fitting any new card.

Associate
OP

Ahh forgot to answer mines not on a riser. I'm not sure I want try 2 diff pcie cables again, have to tear apart my comp to hook it up ie psu.

Soldato

You’ll probably need to force PCIe3.0 on the x16 slot before using the riser.

Associate
Thanks! Couple of things there - I enabled BAR earlier, probably before I put the new card in, so will turn it off.

And force pcie gen 3.

I'm aware of the NZXT riser recall. I've been in contact with them and am dealing with that earlier this year. Cheers all. Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom