New Aston Martin Valour - 705bhp V12 + manual gearbox

Soldato
Lots of old Vantage cues. Not sure that was Aston’s best styling era really. Much prefer the DBS and new DB12 from the modern range. Not much beats the previous generation V8V though.

Soldato
People will like it just because it's an expensive Aston that will sit gathering dust in someone's car collection. If it had a Vaxhaul badge and was £50k the reviews would be different.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
People will like it just because it's an expensive Aston that will sit gathering dust in someone's car collection. If it had a Vaxhaul badge and was £50k the reviews would be different.
It's being built because people wanted a victor, it was a requested model.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

I am sure Aston have sold everyone, it is also not a bad looking car to me from the photos and videos I have seen, but its proportions seem odd, in person it may just blow me away, but one thing that is certain I would never want the duty of the cleaning those wheels. :D

Its not beautiful though, this is beauty:

eleanor01.jpg

But with a V12 and a manual, something tells me the drive should be sensational, but for most people the new DB12 which is a really stunning Aston is probably the better all round car.

Man of Honour
Lots of old Vantage cues. Not sure that was Aston’s best styling era really. Much prefer the DBS and new DB12 from the modern range. Not much beats the previous generation V8V though.

I don't think they have one best styling era really - personally think their best looking cars were the models launched around 2004/5 like the DB9 and 2005 Vantage, etc. but the older classics look awesome as well and at times they've been inspirational looking for the era (even the likes of the Virage) even when they look a bit silly now, something I don't really see with their newer designs. I think everyone probably has a different era of AM that inspires them.

It's being built because people wanted a vulcan, it was a requested model.

It is missing just about everything which makes the Vulcan an inspirational looking design - obviously would have to have some tweaks for the road and the wing doesn't do it for me outside of a car used on track but a road version of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_Vulcan#/media/File:2015_Aston_Martin_Vulcan_7.0_Front.jpg would go straight to the top of my list if I had the money and it was available.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
Soldato
It's being built because people wanted a victor, it was a requested model.

I guarantee you if Vauxhall released an awkward looking hyper car (or whatever you call it) and called it the Victor, people would laugh.

It looks alright from some angles.

Last edited:

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I guarantee you if Vauxhall released an awkward looking hyper car (or whatever you call it) and called it the Victor, people would laugh.

sP9iyzk.gif

Soldato
You can see where it's taken cues from the Oscar India Vantage and the 90's Vantage too. But it's rather diluted them with the horrible wheels and all the add on wing / carbon toss.

Man of Honour
It looks alright from some angles.

Like a lot of cars recently with a few tweaks it would look great - I half feel like the designers are just running a bunch of keywords through the likes of Midjourney AI and going with the results :( so many new designs look like a mash-up of the best looking cars over the years without the result being a sum of the parts.

Man of Honour
LOL I've been running a few variations of the keywords I think went into the design of this including the blurb from AM themselves through an AI text to photo program... and while it comes up with different body styles each time the alloys are almost always of a style like the Valour :( for example:

JWLFaIY.jpg

Ultimately it is just mashing up stuff on Google to try and fit the keywords :s

Last edited:
Soldato
lambasted wheels look like they could be a low weight to strength ratio, and maybe good cooling, so have merit based on engineering - potential brownie points
like aero wheels on ev's

Man of Honour
The green trim internally just looks awful and the gear knob can only be described as rancid. I dunno why so many people are raving about it in the YT comments. The exaggeration of features goes way too far - if they are going for that nose style it really only works if you have headlights like the Vulcan, if they want that headlight style they really need to redo the nose and the back end just needs throwing in the toilet - with that overall design language you need something more akin to the Vulcan, I'm not a huge fan of it on the Victor but it kind of works there with the overall style of the car.

EDIT: Though I guess if you have no taste and WANT TO BE SEEN it is the perfect car designed perfectly for that kind of person.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom