New Bike - Can't decide.

Soldato
I test rode the Hyperstrada at the same time as the new (2013 I think) Multistradas came out. It felt like it could be a lot of fun but I just couldn't gel with it in the 30 minutes or so I had it. The riding position just felt way too far forward, like sitting over the front wheel.

Soldato
I know you don't want fairings but have you looked at the vfr1200. A lot of bike for the money, looks are subjective but that aside amazing engine by all accounts, touring is great albeit not a huge tank and whilst not a scalpel is fun and handles.

Soldato
Just to give you a heads up bud, id avoid BudgetBikes Swindon... the Ducati Streetfighter on your list is from there.. They have had so many bad reviews and people I know have had bad experiences with them... the clue is in the name really, a few people on the Swindon Bikers Facebook page have said they are all friendly and helpful to get your money sorted but once you've left with the bike they don't want to know you or help..

Obviously its your choice mate If you do decide to go there but I just don't want you getting a bad deal and being unable and if I can stop that I will.... I considered getting an R6 from there about 3 years ago and the guys in there were very rude...

I said to them I'd like to go for the bike and there reply was "how old are you" and then they were more interested in my wife... trying to flirt with her :mad: safe to say I said forget it and walked straight out and never gone back

Caporegime
Just to give you a heads up bud, id avoid BudgetBikes Swindon... the Ducati Streetfighter on your list is from there.. They have had so many bad reviews and people I know have had bad experiences with them... the clue is in the name really, a few people on the Swindon Bikers Facebook page have said they are all friendly and helpful to get your money sorted but once you've left with the bike they don't want to know you or help..

Obviously its your choice mate If you do decide to go there but I just don't want you getting a bad deal and being unable and if I can stop that I will.... I considered getting an R6 from there about 3 years ago and the guys in there were very rude...

I said to them I'd like to go for the bike and there reply was "how old are you" and then they were more interested in my wife... trying to flirt with her :mad: safe to say I said forget it and walked straight out and never gone back

We're gonna need photos of your wife to make a judgement on this one.

Soldato
True, but then he wants a naked bike rather than a big tourer - my VFR800 is lighter than the 1200 and although you don't norice it when riding it's a pain in the posterior moving it around, especially with a full tank!

Soldato
Soldato
Soldato

I bought my CBR from them....broke down several times on the way back to Southampton.... On the flip side I swapped an SV with the bottom end bearing going so don't feel too bad about it

Back
Top Bottom