New Bike :D

Soldato
They dont look that rusty in the pic . nothing some fine wire wool and autosol would not cure . Other option is get them recromed or just buy spare wheels . Im guessing they dont sell for much on ebay . And i did my lads zorst with vht . Spent ages doing it .. it lasted 3 months .

Permabanned
OP
They dont look that rusty in the pic . nothing some fine wire wool and autosol would not cure . Other option is get them recromed or just buy spare wheels . Im guessing they dont sell for much on ebay . And i did my lads zorst with vht . Spent ages doing it .. it lasted 3 months .

I've taken the rust off, its the black spots of the bare metal underneath showing through i want to cover up.

Wheels are £90 each so £180 for both compared to £15 worth oh black hammerite... I suppose i could do the black then break up the black clash with a blue stripe to match the tank?

Permabanned
OP
Next dry day i have i'm going to paint the exhaust. As my mechanic told me (who builds custom bikes) as long as the lines are straight it will look like its supposed to be there.

Associate
Looking good, I payed a lot more for mines so it in prfect condition spent all weekend with tootbrushes,polish, wax ect... can't wait to get out on the road in a fortnight =D.

If your going to paint the wheels I think matt black would look a lot better rather that satan or the shiney stuff.

Permabanned
OP
Looking good, I payed a lot more for mines so it in prfect condition spent all weekend with tootbrushes,polish, wax ect... can't wait to get out on the road in a fortnight =D.

If your going to paint the wheels I think matt black would look a lot better rather that satan or the shiney stuff.

matt black will keep lots of dirt :/.

Associate
Well try it with the WD40 first and see if it comes off witout chewing the bolt. If it doesn't try tighting the bolt a little to break the seal, if still no succsess get some Release oil and as a last resort heat the bolt with a blow torch and try to lossen it but watch that you dont damage anything around it, start off with some heat and bulid up.

Good luck on getting it off =P

Permabanned
OP
Well try it with the WD40 first and see if it comes off witout chewing the bolt. If it doesn't try tighting the bolt a little to break the seal, if still no succsess get some Release oil and as a last resort heat the bolt with a blow torch and try to lossen it but watch that you dont damage anything around it, start off with some heat and bulid up.

Good luck on getting it off =P

Hopefully WD40 will work. i would have thought heating the bolt up would make it stick tighter as metal expands when it heats up?

Permabanned
OP
So yeh, heres some pics.

New, shiny disk finally on! :D
5751604767_3f6ff18b2a_b.jpg

old disk
5751604417_08b241021e_b.jpg

Close up of old disk.
5752148826_34d318ff4c_b.jpg

The old disk is what came with the bike. There was literally nothing left of the brake pads; the previous owner hadn't looked after the bike at all :/...

More pics soon :p.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom