New Bike :D

Permabanned
OP
Most likely going to have to sell. My current insurance company want over £1900 for insurance on this bike compared to my more expensive CG (Which was £500 to insure). With 7 months left on my insurance i cant have this bike sitting around collecting rust.

Anyone wanna buy it? I Only need £1000 for it to cover the cost of the parts ive already put on it.

Permabanned
OP
jeez thats crazy =/

was only £850 TPFT for me on a 600. 3 years not claims but i am only 19.

is that the cheapest you can find from any insurance company what so ever?

£610 was the cheapest. I dont mind paying that but the £1900 with my current company is crap. What makes it worse is they wont let me swap my insurance over from my old bike to my new bike AND i cant cancel.

Associate
Thats crazy! I've been getting quotes the past few days in preperation for getting my provisional back and the best I have gotton so far is £425 and I only turned 17 on sunday. The quote was for thrid-party fire and theft, locked in a garage (Steel) with a 13mm chain, approved padlock, 4000 miles a year, and thats for a student not inc commuting.

Last edited:
Soldato
£610 was the cheapest. I dont mind paying that but the £1900 with my current company is crap. What makes it worse is they wont let me swap my insurance over from my old bike to my new bike AND i cant cancel.

How old are you? I'm 22, with 0NCB/riding experience and £1300 is the best I've found TPFT on a ZX6R! have you tried eBike?

Permabanned
OP
How old are you? I'm 22, with 0NCB/riding experience and £1300 is the best I've found TPFT on a ZX6R! have you tried eBike?

I cant afford other insurance companies at the moment :/. I cant cancel or swap my current insurance plan... Which expires in December.

im 18, 0 NCB, riding for 1 and a half years riding.

Soldato
Yeh i was gunna sell it when i transferred the insurance to my new bike; but obviously that cant happen now :/.

Hold on to it? Unless you need the cash to fund your insurance, in which case I'd advertise it at a reasonable price but a little lower and explain the reason for selling. Obviously don't say you're desperate for cash.

When does your policy finish?

Permabanned
OP
So yeh, im selling this bike for about £1000, im selling my CG for about £1200.

That will pay for a bigger bike and my test :).

Going to look at some bikes to see which ones best for me but im more inclined to the Suzuki Bandit 600.

Back
Top Bottom