New build advice please, newbie!

Associate
OP
Shivy that's absolutely wonderful, thank you very much. So now I have a decent spec pc which can run games on higher setting and allows me to process big file photos. Next step is the build.......might need help on that too. Perhaps I can post pics of me doing it like your wonderful build.

Thank you all very much, what a super community!

Associate
OP
Well as of this morning all of the parts have been ordered, the only change being the case which is still the same one but is now black and red as opposed to white but that's it. Wish me luck in the build. Whilst I appreciate I have been told it's easy I'll wait to judge if that's really the case. I have still yet to set up all of the systems and understand that in fact that's the trickiest bit. All parts arrive tomorrow so will post up a pic of it all. Postman is going to love me!

Soldato
Well as of this morning all of the parts have been ordered, the only change being the case which is still the same one but is now black and red as opposed to white but that's it. Wish me luck in the build. Whilst I appreciate I have been told it's easy I'll wait to judge if that's really the case. I have still yet to set up all of the systems and understand that in fact that's the trickiest bit. All parts arrive tomorrow so will post up a pic of it all. Postman is going to love me!

Best of luck. :)

These delivery people will be used to it one of our member gets (it seems) 4 of the newest GPU delivered on release day.. At least you aren't that bad. :D

Build wise each person has their own method, just figure out what you want to do and do it, don't do more than one thing at once.

The way I approach a build is like this:

1) Assemble Motherboard, CPU and RAM (outside of case)
2) Add air cooler (trust me this is much easier than doing it while in the case, attach the fan cables to the motherboard at this point too)
3) Put PSU, HDDs, ODs and SSDs in case and attach PSU cables to these and attach SATA cables (use the case tidying system).
4) Drop in your assembled motherboard and Connect PSU cables and case cables.
5) Drop in GPU, assemble to Case and attach PSU cables.

Though there is no definitive way. :)

We are here to help if/when you need us. :)

Associate
OP
Best of luck. :)

These delivery people will be used to it one of our member gets (it seems) 4 of the newest GPU delivered on release day.. At least you aren't that bad. :D

Build wise each person has their own method, just figure out what you want to do and do it, don't do more than one thing at once.

The way I approach a build is like this:

1) Assemble Motherboard, CPU and RAM (outside of case)
2) Add air cooler (trust me this is much easier than doing it while in the case, attach the fan cables to the motherboard at this point too)
3) Put PSU, HDDs, ODs and SSDs in case and attach PSU cables to these and attach SATA cables (use the case tidying system).
4) Drop in your assembled motherboard and Connect PSU cables and case cables.
5) Drop in GPU, assemble to Case and attach PSU cables.

Though there is no definitive way. :)

We are here to help if/when you need us. :)

Great advice and it will be adhered to I promise. If anyone needs advice on cars or photography or in business I can reciprocate the help.

I'll keep you all posted!

Associate
OP
P.s If you want a laugh I doing this because my previous computer purchased in 2004'gave in just over a year ago; an Evesham Axis 64 MKR. I had great time on that discovering the Elder Scrolls series as well as Battlefield, Call of a Duty 2 and age of a empires 2, ahh those were the days.

Associate
OP
Ok so the parts didn't arrive today due to the motherboard being out of stock so I ordered the same one with a few more connecting points. Oc didn't let me know until I called and asked why my order was still showing as in a queue but alas the parts will be here tomorrow so I shall let you all know when they are. Have a lovely evening all.

Associate
OP
I'm almost finished building but I've put in two old DVD RW, Sony DWU18A but I can work out how to connect them to the motherboard. I have power for them but the old connectors don't seem to have a place, any ideas or have the cable ends changed?

Back
Top Bottom