New car Died, dealer and manufacturer being rubbish. help!

Associate
OP
Its been raised as an official complaint with them although that seems to have made no difference. I'm calling them every 2 or 3 days and just getting nowhere. Well the know the car is in Portbury in Bristol now but zero updates as to what is happening with it.

I tried the dealer again yesterday and it seems they have pretty much washed their hands of it. Their response is just "its gone to bristol".

I've already done the facebook thing and had a response from them. They will pass my concerns on to my case manager so that was a waste of time it seems. I'm emailing them weekly, more for me to keep a log of every call and whats being said and when as Renault only want to deal with this over the phone.

Their complaints procedure is being followed from what I can deduce, its merely via my "case manager". I've asked them to escalate it and requested to speak to a manager/supervisor and I get promised a call back which never happens.

So far the only contact I've had off them is one solitary text message when the car was picked up, every other time I'm ringing for an update and getting nowhere.

I'm not a shouty person, i've had to work in callcentres in the past myself and I know how futile it is to get snotty with someone on the phone. I've laid it out and told whoever will listen but to no avail.

Zero update on a repair and return time.

Next step is to speak to the finance company and see if they can do anything to gee it along, or possibly start looking down the rejection route.

Director email is available, worth firing an email to them as well do you think?

Reactions: ~cw
Associate
tbh i would want to know exactly where my car was as it may contain personal items. i assume they are covering it insurance wise if damage occurs in there care (or lack).
it is very worrying the lack of information they are giving you .

Reactions: ~cw
Associate
OP
Realised I never updated this...

We eventually got the car back in the middle of March 2023 so a pretty rubbish turnaround. They ended up giving the wife another zoe as a courtesy car in the meantime, refunding her all fuel costs on the beaten up aygo thingy the loaned her, covered insurance costs and gave her a small payment to apologise.

Apparently the delay was sourcing parts.. However Renaults complete lack of customer service was utterly pathetic to be honest, the fact that they couldn't even tell us where the car was for a number of weeks was just poor.

Soldato
A colleague had something similar, also with a Zoe. Luckily it was a demonstrator and didn't have to care so much. Got the car from a dealer to test for a day, parked up at a services and that was it, bricked. Had to go back to the factory on a flatbed.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
And yet again its back in the dealers. It refused to switch on again with much the same symptoms as before except this time it did eventually turn on. Had a pretty rubbish experience with renault assist (RAC) who were quoting 8 hours just to send a patrol so knocked that on the head and managed to drive it to the dealers.

Thankfully the woman on the service desk recognised us and has made some moves to avoid the car hire issue and is sorting us a loan courtesy car although not until next week.

They are now saying that the cooling pack is dead and needs to be replaced, from what I can garner the HVAC also does the traction motor cooling hence the cars reluctance to move. Of course there are no parts avaible so its on back order with no idea of a timescale.

I'm due to go into hospital on Friday for a foot op thats going to see me at home for 2 months so i'm going to have plenty of time to pester them and also do some digging on whether our right to reject is still an option.

Soldato
We had a rear end bump on our Nissan Leaf, funny enough roughly same time as the original post, funny enough again it took until March 2023 until we got it back, excuse was the same, big delay sourcing a new rear bumper.

Associate
OP
Given you've had the car for two years that seems very unlikely.

My understanding also, the burden of proof that it was not fit for purpose from the start is on me, sounds like a very difficult thing to prove if its even possible.

Sounds like you've been sold a Friday afternoon special.

100%, its a bloody nightmare to be honest.

Soldato
If I’m correct in thinking this car was purchased in 2022 and you had some issues pretty early on, you may have an option to return as a lemon, not sure if that applies in the uk, I have a feeling we introduced something like that a while ago.

Associate
OP
You are correct yep.

Things may be looking up though, apparently they have secured the part and it's due to them Tuesday and they are quoting 2 days to fit so we might have it back next week which is more than reasonable should it actually pan out.

Back
Top Bottom