New car ideas

Soldato
I know, but I’m not worried about effective cost only the actual cost.

lol

The M2 Comp was being offered on PCP with 0% APR at the end of last year. I assume these deals have now gone?

When I looked a business lease on an M2 Comp (DCT) was £323.99 (+ VAT) with Central UK

Soldato
OP
What? It is the actual cost.

Otherwise you could just get an 840d for £1 a month with an initial payment or £75k and claim it's £1 a month!

Let's clear this up. I'm well aware there is 3/6/9 month upfront cost for a business lease. That is already factored into the £500 per month target. Telling me if I spread the upfront cost over the length of the lease means I end up paying effectively £700 per month will just mean my monthly target budget becomes £700 instead of £500. The budget has already been defined with regard given to an upfront cost being needed.

Next, all the above becomes largely irrelevant anyway as I will highly likely not be using any companies found on the internet. The purpose of finding the offers is to give myself a sense check before I actually spend half a day going to dealerships to test drive cars. If I lease it will most likely be via a preferred company, where even if it is slightly higher cost the increase will be more than offset by the work we do for them, or referred to us via them, to more than offset the slightly higher costs.

Lastly I may even purchase the car. So leasing becomes irrelevant as well. I just want to not waste a Saturday test driving a car which is actually going to cost my business £1k a month because I'm not going to go for that!

Man of Honour
Let's clear this up. I'm well aware there is 3/6/9 month upfront cost for a business lease. That is already factored into the £500 per month target. Telling me if I spread the upfront cost over the length of the lease means I end up paying effectively £700 per month will just mean my monthly target budget becomes £700 instead of £500. The budget has already been defined with regard given to an upfront cost being needed.

Next, all the above becomes largely irrelevant anyway as I will highly likely not be using any companies found on the internet. The purpose of finding the offers is to give myself a sense check before I actually spend half a day going to dealerships to test drive cars. If I lease it will most likely be via a preferred company, where even if it is slightly higher cost the increase will be more than offset by the work we do for them, or referred to us via them, to more than offset the slightly higher costs.

Lastly I may even purchase the car. So leasing becomes irrelevant as well. I just want to not waste a Saturday test driving a car which is actually going to cost my business £1k a month because I'm not going to go for that!

If you already know everything then what is it you are looking for from us?

Soldato
OP
If you already know everything then what is it you are looking for from us?

Car ideas! As a firm of accountants we’re more than ok with costs.

As in my OP when I had my last car I looked at BMWs, Audi’s and Mercs. This forum suggested the XE when I had assumed a Jag would be out of my price range. I asked for a 320d quote along with the XE (maybe a 2 series as well, can’t remember) and the XE was cheapest at the time as well.

Obvious makes I know about. But say a Lexus I know nothing about.

Back
Top Bottom