New car time - EV PCP deals?

Soldato
OP
Now I can't decide on whether to get a true throwaway car for £1k or less or go for something under £6k and keep it longer than originally planned :cry: Problem with the £4k range stuff is they're all at the age where serious work is starting to be needed.

Man of Honour
Problem with the £4k range stuff is they're all at the age where serious work is starting to be needed.
No, stop thinking like this. Plenty of £4k cars will go on for years with basic maintenance.

I bought a £2k diesel Focus, put 40k miles on it in two years, didn't service it once, just put tyres on and it passed every MOT minor issues. I got £600 trading it in.

Edit, lol, just checked and it's still on the road.

Soldato
OP
No, stop thinking like this. Plenty of £4k cars will go on for years with basic maintenance.

I bought a £2k diesel Focus, put 40k miles on it in two years, didn't service it once, just put tyres on and it passed every MOT without issue. I got £600 trading it in.
Thanks, I need occasional (regular) shaking back to reality and common sense

Soldato
OP

Think I'll go kick some tyres on this tomorrow. It's a bit on the high price side compared to market value, but if it's in good nick I could see if I could wangle it down to under £3k

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom