New car time - EV PCP deals?

Soldato
Total bore fest, but this might do the trick?

Gotta love the way they take it to someones nice house to photograph when the car sale place MPS is in a backstreet of Gosforth, makes it look like you are dealing with someone quality, not in a dump. :cry:

Soldato
OP
Gotta love the way they take it to someones nice house to photograph when the car sale place MPS is in a backstreet of Gosforth, makes it look like you are dealing with someone quality, not in a dump. :cry:
Yeah I want to read up on the business. There are some freakin' shady dealers out there.

Soldato
Yeah I want to read up on the business. There are some freakin' shady dealers out there.

It's best to call them and have a laugh, asking them how come there address looks nothing like where the photos are taken, are they ashamed or just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes? Ask them what else is fake or made up etc.

Soldato

That one comes with "Manuel" air conditioning, so you are going to have small Spanish waiter sitting in your car wafting you with a fan. :cry:

Soldato
That's only a "risk" with PCH. With PCP you never really "hand the car back" - you just sell it privately and clear the finance, or you part exchange it. You'll either have equity because you've done less than you said, or the market has performed better than expectations; or you pay the market difference. Worst case scenario you pay the mileage fine, but even that is normally quite minimal.

Edit: and if work is paying you 45p/mile, make hay whilst the sun shines... or at least that's how it used to be with old pricing lol.
I advised plenty of people to hand their PCP car back as they were wildly upside down. That’s the trouble with £199/£199 deals, it’s rare that you were in equity. Most people don’t have 5k to put down as a deposit.

Soldato
OP
Obviously I won't know where it was taken (might have a snoop on the image exif data) but looking at the location of the garage it's just on a side street near where I work. They probably just take it somewhere nicer to get better photos. This is only a mile from my work so might go take a look tomorrow.

Soldato
converse of these outdoor staged adds, are the likes of cazoo who have these interior/studio shots which are not under natural/sun-light so you cannot see either body panel or car interior clearly.

Soldato
converse of these outdoor staged adds, are the likes of cazoo who have these interior/studio shots which are not under natural/sun-light so you cannot see either body panel or car interior clearly.
Have you ever looked at a Cazoo ad?

There is a seperate button called 'imperfections' which has literal close ups, with ruler, of every ding, scratch or dent.

It is 10000x better than the garbage incumbent car dealers who sell on AT.

Reactions: nam
Soldato
OP

There is a seperate button called 'imperfections' which has literal close ups, with ruler, of every ding, scratch or dent.

It is 10000x better than the garbage incumbent car dealers who sell on AT.

True, but the selection is much smaller and prices are higher. There isn't a single car under £5k on that site.

Soldato
of course - the picture don't do the colour/paintwork condition or imperfections justice (from yesterdays history )
I mean compared to red 335i picture in bmw thread - the images are crap, and he probably just used a phone, to boot.
it's the poor quality/CRI, few point light sources they use. ... maybe modern water based pains bmw use now don't help

e: they need to employ Raymond

Soldato
of course - the picture don't do the colour/paintwork condition or imperfections justice (from yesterdays history )
I mean compared to red 335i picture in bmw thread - the images are crap, and he probably just used a phone, to boot.
it's the poor quality/CRI, few point light sources they use. ... maybe modern water based pains bmw use now don't help
Find the same car on the Cazoo website and click the imperfections button. You'll get close ups and every imperfection catalogued.

Soldato

e: they need to employ Raymond
They literally take close ups of imperfections with a ruler for size reference, how much more 'justice' are you expecting?

Back
Top Bottom