New car!

Associate
OP
Looks great. Front de-tango would finish it off a treat.

Isn't blanking off the dump valve putting a lot of unnecessary strain on the turbo?
Well I assumed it would do too, but having done some research it seems not. Or at least any extra strain caused by this will not show itself until a long while after the turbo will have failed for other reasons.

A side effect of this is over fuelling (due to the air being measured again as it comes back out the intake of the turbo). This makes for a lovely pop on the overrun :p.

Soldato
Actually, that does look good without the spoiler! Best looking SX I've seen in a while.

Running without a dump valve is a bit of a gamble, some say it's fine, some say it's not.

I ran mine for 2 years with a mixture of both and the turbo eventually packed up... could have well been the original turbo though. I've ran my Pulsar turbo without a dump valve and even with the 360º bearing have reverted back to the dump valve... mainly because the compressor stall is pretty quiet and can't really be heard :(

Associate
Get the boost gauge in a more usable position, the last thing you want to do is be looking at the bottom of the centre console when you come on full boost.

First thing I'd do would be to de-tango ;)

Looks nice though. Enjoy.

Associate
80102023.jpg

Ooo I was just driving one of those :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Nothing to do with being rubbish at it, I can play it perfectly fine. That doesn't stop it being a crap game though ;)

I won't go in to detail in this thread and take it off topic, suffice to say that it has a broken physics model and is neither a good sim nor a good arcade game. The physics model is dire. See my comments in the various Shift threads for more detailed thoughts :)

Last edited:
Soldato
NFS games are always crud IMO, too chavvy...

Anyway - car looks very tidy although I'm really not liking the alloys, I'd powder coat them in a darker colour. Exhaust looks unecessarily big - is the one you're replacing it with any more subtle?

What does de-wipered mean? :confused:

Soldato
Saloon cars don't usually have a rear wiper. I've not really missed having one and it does seem a shame to spoil the nice lines of a 200sx with a rear wiper.

Soldato
True, I've owned 2 saloons (Toledo and 156) and neither had rear wipers. Always wished they did though, its something I tend to use a fair bit. A 200sx doesnt exactly scream subtle elegance anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom