New Case and Cooling System

Associate
Hi!

I'm looking to get a new, much quieter case than I already have: Coolermaster 335 Midi Black. The CPU fan is a AMD stock cooler.

I have been advised from friends that a Lian Li PC-P50B Armoursuit Midi Tower Case and a Corsair H70 Liquid CPU Cooler Low Profile Pump is a pretty good setup and it won't need maintenance.

Any thoughts on anything else?

Thanks

Associate
Since youe upgrading from a Coolermaster 335, might i suggest the nzxt hush. Its a stylish case that has silent dampening foam and rubber hard drive mounts. That with the Corsair H70 is a good combo.

nzxt-hush.jpg

Associate
OP
OK.

I would like the quietest case with the best cooling possible with dust filters and no vibrations coming from the case. A window would be nice but I suppose not necessary. Tool less would also be good. Am I asking for to much?

Thanks.

Soldato
I own an antec902 and i have to say its fantastic. If you are looking for a silent case then it is not the case for you as it is quite noisy. But its not the noise of the actual fans spinning but the amount of air it is moving.
But the cooling in my opinion is unbeatable. ATM my chassis temp is 23degrees.

Associate
I own an antec902 and i have to say its fantastic. If you are looking for a silent case then it is not the case for you as it is quite noisy. But its not the noise of the actual fans spinning but the amount of air it is moving.
But the cooling in my opinion is unbeatable. ATM my chassis temp is 23degrees.

Hi.
I also own an Antec 902 and i have to look that the lights are on in order to understand if the computer is ON. the only way to listen to the fans is by putting them at high speed, which will only knock 2-4 degrees at MOST depending on your setup.

Antec 902 is a very nice and quiet case, kinda on the heavy side though.
The only negative thing is the dust filters that you have to unscrew 16 thumbscrews to take them off. (that is if you have all thumbscrews on, which isnt that necessary.)

Permabanned
What exactly is the difference between the Antec 900, 902 and 1200? Are these cases silent with good cooling? I do like the looks of them.

Thanks!

The 900 and 902 are smaller versions of the 1200, the 1200 is v big, the 900/902 just big, the 902 is merely an updated version of the 900 with a few extra features, but theyre worth it, dont consider the older 900 imo, either go 902 or if you want a really big case then go for 1200

Permabanned
Which one sorry?
on the 902, from Antec
Maximum video card size: 16"/406mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)

Soldato
im pretty sure the 902 and the 1200 will hold a 5970. Ive got a gtx460 in mine atm, and id say there is another 3-4inches of space, plus you can mess around with the drive bays if you need a few more inches.

Back
Top Bottom