New Case and Cooling System

Man of Honour
Can't recommend The PC-P50B. I am very dissapointed with mine. Lot's of vibration, terrible side panel mounting, questionable build quality and cable managemnet could be much better. My CM Storm Scout is a much better case and cost me less than half the price of the Lian Li.

Associate
OP
Thanks.

So what are exactly the differences between the 902 and 1200 apart from size?

Any other cases that are quieter than these but also with good cooling?

Would it be worth it to change the Antec fans with quieter ones if I found them quite noisy? Also what about changing the CPU cooler? Are AMD stock coolers really noisy in comparison with others?

Thanks again.

Permabanned
So what are exactly the differences between the 902 and 1200 apart from size?

None

Would it be worth it to change the Antec fans with quieter ones if I found them quite noisy?

Yeah when I had my 1200 I changed the fans for Noctua S12s and it did make a big difference, hooked them up through a fan controller

Also what about changing the CPU cooler? Are AMD stock coolers really noisy in comparison with others?

Not overly so long as you dont OC but if you plan to Oc then you'll want a better cooler, if youre after a quiet system you cant go wrong with Noctua again

Associate
OP
So could the 902 hold a crossfire setup (5870), couple of hard drives and two optical drives for example? Does my motherboard have enough connectors for so many fans?

Thanks.

I think this will be my best option for value for money.

Associate
OP
OK. Thank You.

So all the fans are then plugged into the fan control bit at the front of the case?

Are the leads of the fans long enough?

Is it necessary to have a fan control if I can control the fans from the case?

Realistically I don't think I'll go crossfire based on budget. I usually stick to under £200 graphics cards.

Where does the fan controller plug into on my motherboard?

How easy is it to take everything out of the Coolermaster and place in the Antec?

What do I do with the Coolermaster?

Thanks again.

Permabanned
OK. Thank You.

So all the fans are then plugged into the fan control bit at the front of the case?

YES

Are the leads of the fans long enough?

THE CONTROLLER HAS LEADS WHICH ATTACH TO THE FANS AND YES THEYRE LONG ENOUGH

Is it necessary to have a fan control if I can control the fans from the case?

YOU WONT BE ABLE TO CONTROL THEM FROM THE CASE, THE CONTROLS BUILT INTO THE CASE ARENT COMPATIBLE WITH OTHER FANS

Realistically I don't think I'll go crossfire based on budget. I usually stick to under £200 graphics cards.

Where does the fan controller plug into on my motherboard?

IT DOESNT, JUST HOOK UP A MOLEX POWER CABLE TO IT THEN USE THE DIALS ON THE FORNT OF THE CONTROLLER TO CONTROL YOUR FANS MANUALLY, IF YOU GET QUALITY FANS LIKE NOCTUA YOU CAN JUST LEAVE THEM ON FULL ANYWAY AS THEYRE THAT QUIET

How easy is it to take everything out of the Coolermaster and place in the Antec?

SHOULDNT BE AN ISSUE, SO LNG AS YOU TAKE YOUR TIME, JUST LIKE DISASSEMBLING A PC AND BUILDING A NEW ONE

What do I do with the Coolermaster?

WITH SUCH A BUDGET CASE IT WOULDNT BE WORTH SELLING IT TBH, COST OF SHIPPING WOULD OUTWEIGH WHAT YOUD GET FOR IT, KEEP IT AS A SPARE JUST IN CASE OR GIVE IT A FAMILY MEMBER OR JUST SKIP IT

Thanks again.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the advice.

I think what I'll do is buy the case with no fan controller or silent fans to begin with and see how I go on low setting.

I've never taken apart or built a computer.

Thanks for the help, again. :)

Back
Top Bottom