New Case Fortress FT01B-W

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Nice builds guys, and sharpy, do you know if the fan on the akasa nero can be replaced with any 120mm fan? Ive been looking at that cpu cooler recently but havent found anyone that has it installed in their system. Web reviews are a little vague.

Im thinking of installing a sharkoon silent to go with the theme in my case. ;)

i have sharkoons in my case - check the build log in my sig :)

the akasa nero can be replaced with any 120mm fan
it is a brilliant cooler for the money, rivalling the TRUE imo

i have been using two scythe fans either side of an akasa nero today to test the new patriot memory we have in stock

cpu ran prime stable at 4GHz with the akasa nero and the two fans in push pull config! ;) :D

which is a great feat for a cooler half the price of a TRUE

Last edited:
Associate
Okay, Should I get p6t deluxe or non deluxe? As ive heard deluxe is better for OCing.

I decided to get a 22" monitor also, because I think I have spend too much. And because I will only be using 1x 260GTX until Ido sli when needed.

Last edited:
Soldato

Just be careful if you are looking for quiet fans as I had one of the 2000RPM Sharkoons and anything over about 40% fan speed was unbearable. They are certainly not something I would call silent, although they do look really good.

Soldato
OP
Nice builds guys, and sharpy, do you know if the fan on the akasa nero can be replaced with any 120mm fan? Ive been looking at that cpu cooler recently but havent found anyone that has it installed in their system. Web reviews are a little vague.

yeah mate it will fit any 120mm fan, the rubber prongs in the heatsink go through the screw mounting holes on the fan and when pulled through lock the fan in place, also means theres zero vibration :)

this was a good review of the current i7 heatsinks with the nero included http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2009/02/19/ga-1366-cpu-cooler-group-test/1 btw the nero was their pick of the coolers available including the noctuna :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Just be careful if you are looking for quiet fans as I had one of the 2000RPM Sharkoons and anything over about 40% fan speed was unbearable. They are certainly not something I would call silent, although they do look really good.

Yeah think you guys miss read my post, not getting the silverstone ft01 (still a fine case though) but actually meant for my antec mini p180, which i already have 3 sharkoon silent eagle 120mm fans @ 2000rpm (on a fan controller..), getting a little tired of the AC freezer pro 7 thats all.

But that sounds great if i can attach any 120mm fan. May get one in the future.

Thanks to the guys above. ;)

Soldato
Sorry if someone else has already asked this, does the sound-proofing foam raise the temperature or is it not an issue?

I think I'm lining this up as a replacement for my Thermaltake Armour

I think unless your really picky, it should effect anyone much.

Though it may raise temps a tiny bit. Thats just my experience from using material like this on other cases. You probably wont notice it as they havent gone overboard with the foam. ;)

Soldato
OP
Sorry if someone else has already asked this, does the sound-proofing foam raise the temperature or is it not an issue?

I think I'm lining this up as a replacement for my Thermaltake Armour

temps are great in the case mate, the fan set up creates a fgreat airflow and with the fans and foam the case is very quiet indeed.

Theres a cool video here which shows how they create the positive airflow in the case so hot air doesnt stay centralised

Associate
Just set up my PC with the same case sharpygsrx. (Not built by me I might add). Looking forward to playing some games soon...and I think your name popped up on a GTA4 thread saying it ran well with your spec?

:)

Back
Top Bottom