new corsiar force series 3 SSD

Associate
OP
excatly! i hope it gets released soon, as ive been waiting to build a enw system for ages, seems im always waiting for the the next component to get released...

Associate
excatly! i hope it gets released soon, as ive been waiting to build a enw system for ages, seems im always waiting for the the next component to get released...
No kidding. I got my current stuff for cheaps as a sort of inbetween upgrade and I'm kind of feeling that an SSD might need to be a part of the real thing when I'm done. A Force 3 might just be the one I've been waiting on for several years now. :D

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
Read about these in the early hours of the morning. They look very promising and the specs are brilliant for it's price. $219 for the 120GB! We may not be paying as low as that but I would pick this over a Vertex/Agility 3 considering price and performance.

Whats the general view on Corsair SSD's? Reliable?

Associate
Read about these in the early hours of the morning. They look very promising and the specs are brilliant for it's price. $219 for the 120GB! We may not be paying as low as that but I would pick this over a Vertex/Agility 3 considering price and performance.

Whats the general view on Corsair SSD's? Reliable?
Anand seems quite pleased with them at any rate, which is always a good indicator. :) I've not heard anything about them that'd indicate any issues as far as I can remember. The critical parts are mostly down to SandForce anyway, I'm guessing Corsair are mostly just putting their own touch on parts of the firmware.

Associate
that would be insane for a 500+read/write with 85k IOPS! short of major problems - like ocz using off-spec NANDs - i'm definitely getting one of these :)
Same here. Payday is in ten days for me, hopefully these babies will be on the market by then. :D

If they make a 40-60GB version, I'm getting a separate one for my OS, methinks. I was looking at an F40 a while back but ended up not getting one for whatever reason. :o

EDIT: Just realised there is a 60GB version with a recommended retail price of $139. That's sick, totally getting one of those. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Right.. lets clear some things up here as there seems to be a little confusion...

If you click on the Corsair product page you can see clear they are going with 85k “sequential” IOPs and not with the “random” IOPs as used by OCZ.

OCZ Agility3 sequential IOPs are the same or even higher depending on how they are tested leaving the Corsair as the inferior unit closer in speed to that on the Solid 3.

Bottom line here is the Force3 is nothing more than a slower Agility3 (more like the Solid 3) and slower than the Vertex3.

The OCZ Agility 3 matches and betters every spec of the Force3. They are the same (in essence) product as the Solid 3/Agility 3.

:)

AzZ

AzZ

Associate
Right.. lets clear some things up here as there seems to be a little confusion...

If you click on the Corsair product page you can see clear they are going with 85k “sequential” IOPs and not with the “random” IOPs as used by OCZ.

OCZ Agility3 sequential IOPs are the same or even higher depending on how they are tested leaving the Corsair as the inferior unit closer in speed to that on the Solid 3.

Bottom line here is the Force3 is nothing more than a slower Agility3 (more like the Solid 3) and slower than the Vertex3.

The OCZ Agility3 matches and betters every spec of the Force3. They are the same (in essence) product as the Solid 3/Agility 3.

http://www.corsair.com/solid-state-...20gb-sata-3-6gbps-solid-state-hard-drive.html

Click on 'Tech specs', the table on the right says 'Random Write 4K: 85,000 IOPS (Aligned)'..?

I'm no expert when it comes to SSD's so maybe I'm missing something here?

Soldato

Um not disagreeing or anything as it could easily be a typo on their websites but the full specs page for the corsair has "Random Write 4K 85,000 IOPS (Aligned)" while the ocz has the agility at Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 50,000 IOPS, the vertex 3 MAX as Random Write 4KB (Aligned): 75,000 IOPS.

I think I'll wait on a proper review before deciding as my next build is using ssd's and I want ones using sata 3 :)

edit: got to type faster lol

Back
Top Bottom