New DGteam Firmware (DG834GT)

Associate
OP
Well I got bored :D and flashed 1018 - 23o using ie, went without a hitch although I had to reset to get newer settings working.

I'm guessing it's simply the 26 drivers that's the problem.

Edit: Well, my sync is ~500kb lower than 1018, but my down speed in 0.5Mb higher :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I have found all of these...

http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/netgear/

I am thinking of changing my official Netgear 834GT firmware to the ...

DG834GT_V1.03.22_DGTeam_1018_eng_adsldrv026

so I assume that would be the latest..?

I have noted people mention using a paper clip to reset the router after flashing..? Could anyone elaborate on that please and I would be flashing from the Netgear interface so I assume that would be ok with the firmware I have chosen..?

Associate
I have found all of these...

http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/netgear/

I am thinking of changing my official Netgear 834GT firmware to the ...

so I assume that would be the latest..?

I have noted people mention using a paper clip to reset the router after flashing..? Could anyone elaborate on that please and I would be flashing from the Netgear interface so I assume that would be ok with the firmware I have chosen..?

I think there are some issues with the 1018 firmware. I'm using this:

V1.03.23 - DGTeam Rev. 1012

Haven't had any problems with that firmware, been using it for months. I don't reset the router, just upload new firmware and it reboots itself.

Associate
OP
1012 will work, 1014 caused issues for some people, 1018 026 = brick, almost guaranteed.

1018 23o is by far the best I've used, it even held connection through the weekend thunder, which is a first. Still wouldn't tell anyone to flash it unless they're happy recovering their router i.e. have access to an x86 xp machine* or fancy following the instructions in post 153/164. Still wouldn't use 026 over 23o.
*(like installing xp on a spare hd)

Soldato
Well I thought that I would share the firmwares on that site and also throw caution to the wind and flash with...

all went well and I did a reset but from within the web interface and reset to factory settings, had everything written down.

I have now connected and it seems fine but we will see how stability etc goes.

I have just got my BE connection up and going and after my Billion router doesn't seem to like to work with the BE I blew off the dust from my old 834GT and flashed away :)

I do prefer the 834GT over the BE Box.

I also have been given an ex Sky router and it looks the same as my 834GT except that the colour of the plugs etc at the back is yellow instead of my black. I assume it would be a 834GT and so I could also try and get that up nd going as a backup router..?

Associate
OP
You have to use either the recovery tool or linux (as above) to load non-sky fw onto it, but it's quite possible.

Fyi 026 is simply the latest adsl drivers, if it works for you great, the others:

"In particular on GT, to avoid any compatibility issue, we decided to release fw with 3 different drivers:
023o = the latest available with phyrext extensions (please read more documentation)
023b = the latest released with other orig netgear fw
022c = (older and size bigger) the one present on vanilla 1.03.22"

Welcome to BE btw :p

Soldato
thanks for the info and even though I'm fine with BE if UKO hadn't have had to fold their business I would have stayed with them because of how good it has been over the years.
Still BE, connected last Thursday, seems to be as good :)

Soldato
Guys

Just flashed my DG834N :) with "Be" do I just leave the settings below on default? Is there any benefit to changing them other than changing the SNR I mean?

Thanks

Mart

1jahwp.png

Associate
I'm guessing you're already on 'optimise for performance' or a 3db profile with Be, seeing as your margin is currently roughly around 3db? You could reduce the SNR Percentage slider but not by too much as you'll suffer from line drops. Try 80% and see what increase in sync you get etc. As it stands, your line is near its maximum sync potential for the attenuation you have.

Associate
OP
Disable sra, BE have only ever used it in limited trials. Not much more you can do with the router though. Using a filtered faceplate and shielded rj11 cable is about all that's really feasible. My attenuation is 38/20.6 and syncs at 14000/1400 but the snr drops to 2 in the evening (023o drivers).

Back
Top Bottom