New game might be worth trying out? Space Conquest

Associate
Cool he did say it might take a while as he's got a lot of people to get through so may not get one tonight. If I don't get on don't forget to leave your thoughts on it :)

Soldato
You should get one soon Devrij, I just received mine and downloading now.
Got mine. Going to bed now, but hope to get on tomorrow night. Daughter is going through a phase of not going to sleep at her normal time (much screaming) so things are a bit less predictable right now.

Soldato
OP
Tried this, I am on the fence about it. Rocksteddie and Fluke were pretty good at it, but, I had awful problems hitting anything. I couldn't even shoot the power up cubes. Then I would get a few lucky shots and get a few kills. Will try it again after I get my extension cables and see if that improves it for me.

Permabanned
When trying to turn I found the display blacked out as though I was slow blinking with the result my character would snap turn perhaps ~30 degrees. Was too warm indoors to play for any longer than ~15mins last night.

I liked the simplistic graphics while feeling if only we could have more people rather than robots in a game with perhaps a team based capture the flag game mode.

I feel I am due some sniper revenge against Melmac plus others though.

Associate
I feel I am due some sniper revenge against Melmac plus others though.
Ah, I recognise your name from in-game last night, but didn't realise at the time you were from the OC forums. There's a VR username list over here :)

There's a basis there for an enjoyable little game, but I must admit after about 45 minutes I felt my stomach start to feel a bit off, so quit out. First time I've felt that in ages, but there is a hell of a lot of strafing etc going off in that game.

Soldato
OP
If the guys that played last night could write their opinions about the game here. Likes, dislikes, improvements that could be made etc. I will put them all in a list and send them to the developer guy.

Associate
Hey everyone, thanks for your comments. There is a feedback channel in the Discord group if you wouldn't mind leaving it there. I'm glad you found it at least somewhat enjoyable. @melmac Do you think the aiming problems were with the weapons or tracking?

Thanks

Soldato
OP
I'll start,

There is potential there for a good game. It reminds me of the very first Quake multiplayer. Simple and fast.

It's like Orbus VR though, it needs a lot of work.

Locations :- every location was the same exact same just different colours. There needs to be more variety, buildings, towers, tunnels etc.

Robots:- They are just annoying and bring nothing to the game.

Team play:- Needs some team games. With a name like Space Conquest, maybe one team defending a location and the other team attacking.

Level Up:- I don't like the getting better guns after a certain number of kills. And because the range on the first gun is so short it means that if the player is any good, the first player to get the sniper will win easily. And the last gun is so overpowering that it's a totally pointless round.

Graphic:- You could walk through the scenery sometimes. This is what was happening to Wrinkly.

Wounds:- Just like what was happening in Orbus VR, if you are getting shot from behind you don't know anything about it. The sound quality definitely wasn't precise enough to tell where you were getting shot from.

Spawn Points:- Sometimes when you died, you spawn right back in the same place and get killed by a shot that was shooting you before you died in the first place. So you were dying twice by the same volley of shots!!

Things I would like.
Better locations.
Spawn points outside the battle ground, or maybe a couple of seconds where you can't kill or be killed.
Have more balanced weapons if you want to keep the current levelling system, but my preference would be to scrap that and have the better guns the same as other power-ups.
More visual indication of where you are shooting and if you are been shot.

That's all I can think of for now. I won't make any comments on the aiming situation until I get my play area sorted out.

Soldato
OP
Hey everyone, thanks for your comments. There is a feedback channel in the Discord group if you wouldn't mind leaving it there. I'm glad you found it at least somewhat enjoyable. @melmac Do you think the aiming problems were with the weapons or tracking?

Thanks

I will leave feedback over there when I get a chance. I am not sure what it was Nyanblade. Hoping that it was just a tracking problem because I am in the middle of redesigning my play area. There were times when I was right beside power up boxes and couldn't hit them and there were other times that I was getting kills that I shouldn't have because I know my aim was off. It was frustrating for me. But, others seemed to be aiming fine and didn't notice any problems so hopefully it was just my setup.

Associate
I'll start,

There is potential there for a good game. It reminds me of the very first Quake multiplayer. Simple and fast.

It's like Orbus VR though, it needs a lot of work.

Locations :- every location was the same exact same just different colours. There needs to be more variety, buildings, towers, tunnels etc.

Robots:- They are just annoying and bring nothing to the game.

Team play:- Needs some team games. With a name like Space Conquest, maybe one team defending a location and the other team attacking.

Level Up:- I don't like the getting better guns after a certain number of kills. And because the range on the first gun is so short it means that if the player is any good, the first player to get the sniper will win easily. And the last gun is so overpowering that it's a totally pointless round.

Graphic:- You could walk through the scenery sometimes. This is what was happening to Wrinkly.

Wounds:- Just like what was happening in Orbus VR, if you are getting shot from behind you don't know anything about it. The sound quality definitely wasn't precise enough to tell where you were getting shot from.

Spawn Points:- Sometimes when you died, you spawn right back in the same place and get killed by a shot that was shooting you before you died in the first place. So you were dying twice by the same volley of shots!!

Things I would like.
Better locations.
Spawn points outside the battle ground, or maybe a couple of seconds where you can't kill or be killed.
Have more balanced weapons if you want to keep the current levelling system, but my preference would be to scrap that and have the better guns the same as other power-ups.
More visual indication of where you are shooting and if you are been shot.

That's all I can think of for now. I won't make any comments on the aiming situation until I get my play area sorted out.

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

Locations - I thought I would start with small maps to keep gameplay fast so you don't have to spend ages finding other people. Once gameplays is sorted out I will add more maps with more to do - maybe elevating platforms, towers for snipers?

Robots - Robots aren't designed to be the objective - they are just there to keep players moving so they can't camp, it also helps players locate other players as they can follow the robots. They provide a 5hp reward for each kill as a way of regaining health.

Team play - 100% agree, more game modes will definitely come when I have the feel of weapons, maps and gameplay sorted out.

Level up - Interesting comments, I don't find the last weapon to be overpowering as it only does 35hp damage so it's harder to get kills with. I will definitely look into the stats of each weapon and adjust based on feedback.

Graphic - Yes, there are problems with terrain collisions at the moment, you can fall through the map in Frost and walk through some objects in every other map. I will take a look at this soon.

Wounds - At the moment there is a hit sound at the point of impact, I think I will add some sort of visual indicator to show where your hit landed - this could help with aim? I will also increase the volume of the hit sound

Spawn points - There seems to be a bug in this version, previously you couldn't spawn within 10 meters of another player/robot. I will fix this for the next update.

Thanks again for your feedback, I hope you can keep playing and providing feedback. I will be working on your comments for future updates to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

Soldato
OP
Thanks again for your feedback, I hope you can keep playing and providing feedback. I will be working on your comments for future updates to make it more enjoyable for everyone.

I appreciate the fine line that you will have to walk with this game. I love the idea, a simple fast moving fun shooter. It's going to be tough to balance the game and make changes without going overboard and ruin that fun factor :)

Back
Top Bottom