New Hitman Game

Soldato
New game announced!!

In an open letter posted on the Hitman website, the studio said the game will star a globetrotting Agent 47 in the prime of his career, fulfilling contracts across "huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels" with the support of the ICA and long-term handler Diana Burnwood.

IO, which plans to reveal more about the title later this year, said on Thursday:

"The game concentrates on the core Hitman fantasy of using a wide range of tools to take out a diverse group of targets across expansive, exotic locations around the world.

"We are building this game on the backbone of the Glacier 2 engine, using the best parts and what we have learnt through Hitman: Absolution and drawing inspiration from past titles like Contracts and Blood Money to fulfil the core Hitman fantasy.

"That means we're packing in an extreme level of detail on the largest levels we have ever built for a Hitman game. We've adopted an open, non-linear level design approach to the game, ensuring the game will play out across huge, checkpoint-free, sandbox levels.

"Our aim is to create living, breathing and believable levels which will allow gamers to play around with the AI to create those unique moments every fan of the Hitman franchise loves."

Contracts Mode will return in the new game, enabling players to create and share their own custom challenges online, while Agents 47's "magic pockets" have been removed, perhaps paving the way for the return of his weapon carrying briefcase.

The first details about the project arrive a few weeks after Hitman publisher Square Enix addressed reports claiming it had canned a triple-A Hitman title previously in development at Square Enix Montreal.

In a statement which didn't deny that a Hitman title has been dropped, the company said on January 6:

"IO Interactive is developing a new, AAA Hitman game that will be coming to PC and next-gen consoles and Square Enix Montreal is fully focused on mobile development of games some of which are related to the Hitman franchise. We look forward to sharing more details about these titles later this year."
CVG

Cannot Wait

Soldato
Earlier hitman games were great they didn't have many of the aids that absolution does. Can't wait for this new hitman!

Caporegime
I just bought the pack with the old ones. Looking forward to getting started with them. I loved blood money, the graphics where a bit more cartoon looking, absolution didn't do it for me. The disguise system was no where near as good.

If there is to be another I'd like it to go back to how Blood money played for stealth and weapon upgrades.

Caporegime
No, square Enix hitman game cancelled, IO game on next gen in development.

Sounds promising then. I hope they ditch the score oriented contracts and the general dumb downed-ness of Absolution. I'm all for being given a performance rank at the end of a level but Absolution was too much in my opinion.

Soldato
Really didn't like Absolution. it didn't feel like a proper Hitman game :(

I thought it was a good game, just not a particularly good Hitman game. Much of it was clearly dumbed-down, and the main appeal of the Hitman games - exploring the level and planning your hit - was gone because of the disguise system which meant you were always having to move quickly from one place to the next lest be spotted and killed.

It just made me want to play Blood Money again.

Soldato
This comes out on Friday, although you wouldn't really know it unless you were on the lookout. I guess they're not really pushing it that hard until the 'full game' is available later in the year.

The intro pack seems worth picking up for £11.49 (although I'll buy it from the US Xbox store for $14.99), I just don't know if you miss out on anything now by only buying the intro pack, or whether you get everything that everyone else does until the next episode is released?

Either way, seems like a cheap way to try out the game, see if you like it, and then buy the upgrade pack if you like it.

Anyone play the beta?

Caporegime
It was good, very much a Hitman game, but you can tell its not got much money behind it. I might buy it once its a retail release on sale. Biggest problem I had with it is that is so obviously scripted. Really dont understand why some of the content is online gated...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom