New Hitman Game

Caporegime
Nones gonna be interested in the way they are delivering it - Hitmans dead after this...

Jan 2017 for the full release, who is gonna care then? Who will want to pay full price for content thats as much as 9 months old?!?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime
Why does it matter how old the content is? People still play World of Warcraft.
Because at time of purchasing the retail version youll be paying full price, no one is going to find that acceptable if it was another game, especially in this one where theres been no assurances that the special events/kills that take place will reoccur for the retail version.

If it was say fortnightly episodes (a month in between each episode is too long even with the inbuilt re-playability) with the final retail release in 3 months time then it wouldnt feel anywhere near as awful a schedule.

From your point of view it sounds like you are only interested in the reduced price to try the first part of the game and likely arent even considering buying further episodes - it just doesnt sound like something that will sell at all...

EDIT: I should say Hitman is self contained enough to work as episodes, I just dont think SE are doing the game justice in how they are marketing it (Ive seen the ads but no details within those alluding to a digital only episodic release schedule) and how they are delivering it.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
If it was say fortnightly episodes (a month in between each episode is too long even with the inbuilt re-playability) with the final retail release in 3 months time then it wouldnt feel anywhere near as awful a schedule.

There'd be no point to them releasing it episodically in that case; they've said the purpose is to give them more time to work on each level and respond to customer feedback. Even Telltale take longer than that to release another episode of their games and it's not like they're particularly sophisticated or technically impressive.

I honestly don't see much of a problem with it; there's loads of games out at at the moment so one or two of them being released in a different format is fine by me, I'm not in any danger of running out of games to play in-between. Perhaps I'll be more inclined to replay a level and get more out of it than I would if I had the whole game in front of me at once.

Soldato
Only managed an hour this morning but I love it so far, haven't even tried the Paris level yet so looking forward to playing more tonight.

This little glitch made me laugh :D http://xboxclips.com/ScarySquirrelUK/2b47f24c-de5d-4e9e-aed5-f0014ab46ada

Perhaps I'll be more inclined to replay a level and get more out of it than I would if I had the whole game in front of me at once.

This is why I 'think' I will like the episodic release for this game a lot. Time will tell though.

Soldato
Enjoyed the two training missions but slowdown on the main level is pretty bad (XB1) and the load times even with an external SSD are very long.

The worst part is that their servers are up/down like a yo-yo and challenges don't unlock unless you're online and you get booted out of the game if they go offline whilst playing :( there is just no need for that.

I'd say it's worth getting the intro pack, there's actually quite a lot of content outside of replaying the included missions. Not sure the subsequent levels will contain as much content but you'll know by then whether the game floats your boat.

Last edited:
Soldato
The load times are very annoying, especially as I had to re-load about 50 times during my first playthrough of the Paris mission. Finished it in about 1 hour 7 minutes play time, but it was probably more like 3-5 hours because of reloads.

I then went for a playthrough with the sniper, I'll admit I looked up the best way to do it and I was in and out in about 10-15 minutes. Amazing how much easier it was. Looking forward to replaying it for the other assassinations and challenges now.

For slowdown you might like to try locking the framerate at 30fps in the graphics settings. I only noticed a few momenets of slowdown when I set the fireworks off. Otherwise all good.

Soldato
OP
I managed to play this over the weekend. I'm really enjoying it.

Saying that I'm still concerned that SE plan to only release one episode per month. I don't care if it takes me two months to complete Paris (btw that level is vast. I played it for 10 mins and thought how the hell am I going to do this).

Looking forward to playing it again

Soldato
How is everyone getting on with this now?

I've completed 2/3 escalations, but I've still not reached level 20 mastery on Paris yet, need a couple more playthroughs to get the extra challenges I think.

I love it, I can't believe I've clocked nearly 15 hours on only the intro pack! I can easily see myself putting 10-15 hours into each level that is released.

Associate
How is everyone getting on with this now?

I've completed 2/3 escalations, but I've still not reached level 20 mastery on Paris yet, need a couple more playthroughs to get the extra challenges I think.

I love it, I can't believe I've clocked nearly 15 hours on only the intro pack! I can easily see myself putting 10-15 hours into each level that is released.

Still stuck on The Showstopper ;)

Soldato
My first playthrough took me AGES! Then the next one I just followed a video guide to do the sniper challenge and it took me 10 mins! It's crazy how quickly and easily it can be done (when you know how) compared to my first playthrough.

There's two new escalation missions just been added, so there's 5 in total now.

Back
Top Bottom