New IPhone Getting Closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
you replied to a direct quote of someone saying the apple hardware (specifically mentioning the camera in the current iphones) was crappy/outdated.

your reply then implies that you would take a less advanced but higher quality camera over a high MP one, and since putting this statement in context the top end android phones have at least 5 mp vs the 3GS's 3 mp its not hard to see a correlation.

if thats not what you menat you need to more closely consider what you are saying.

Soldato
you replied to a direct quote of someone saying the apple hardware (specifically mentioning the camera in the current iphones) was crappy/outdated.

No, he was talking about the unreleased 4G. Calling 5 year old tech because it might be a 5MP sensor. He's placing far too much importance on how many pixels the camera has, which is mostly irrelevant.

your reply then implies that you would take a less advanced but higher quality camera over a high MP one, and since putting this statement in context the top end android phones have at least 5 mp vs the 3GS's 3 mp its not hard to see a correlation.

No I didn't, I was talking about the 4G. That is what this thread is about after all.

if thats not what you menat you need to more closely consider what you are saying.

Maybe you need to improve your reading comprehension.

Soldato
am I reading that in the US it was only 197$ for a iPhone and it has been reduced to 97$ for a payg handset? or is this price when accompanied by a contract.

Associate
but how can u talk about the 4g's tech (either pros or cons) when theres no confermed tech specs...

oh ofcourse backing up arguments with factual info isnt what apple fan boys do is it...because it means they loose arguments...big whoopsie on my part.

anyway ill leave you guys to talk about apples latest and most expensive innovation, which totally doesnt just replicated stuff already on the market now :eek:

box

box

Associate
am I reading that in the US it was only 197$ for a iPhone and it has been reduced to 97$ for a payg handset? or is this price when accompanied by a contract.

That is the price with a 2 year contract. Can you actually buy them PAYG in the US?

Associate
Dont know if anyone else has heard this, but I was in carphone warehouse today and asked if they had any news on when the new iPhone is coming out, the guy sed delayed till November?!

Have only found 1 other source on the net about this...

Hope it isnt delayed for that long :/

Soldato
Dont know if anyone else has heard this, but I was in carphone warehouse today and asked if they had any news on when the new iPhone is coming out, the guy sed delayed till November?!

I really wouldn't listen to ANY of the high street store sales staff. They're all either misinformed, or fed poor information from their bosses. This seems to be the case every year.

A November launch just wouldn't bode well for Apple at all, not when the majority of launch day 3G owners have been out of contract for a good few months now. Most will look elsewhere, and that means another faster evolving OS based device.

Soldato
but how can u talk about the 4g's tech (either pros or cons) when theres no confermed tech specs...

I never did.

oh ofcourse backing up arguments with factual info isnt what apple fan boys do is it...because it means they loose arguments...big whoopsie on my part.

I knew you would say that eventually, I don't actually own anything made by Apple :D

Associate
for most standard iphone contracts ur looking at about £100-180 for the phone unless u start breaking the 40-45 a month barrier.

Soldato
A November launch just wouldn't bode well for Apple at all, not when the majority of launch day 3G owners have been out of contract for a good few months now. Most will look elsewhere, and that means another faster evolving OS based device.

3GS customers won't be out of contract yet, there were 18 months and 24 months options. The 18months ones would expire around the end of the year.
Most 3G customers would be offered a new 3GS contract, and then a 4G when the 3GS expires.

I wouldn't expect too much from Apple for a while, they're just getting going on the ipad launch.

Caporegime
On an 18 month contract with my iPhone 3Gs, will just buy the new iPhone and stick my sim in it :)

Buy me one too Tummy so i can be part of the iphag crew:p:D

Anyhow am looking forward to seeing what the new iphone brings to the table...nothing too groundbreaking i suppose i mean multi tasking is a nice addition albeit a few yrs too late:p

Soldato
So not an OLED then?

Im surprised they keep with the "old" TFT its cheaper to use than amoled but it just isnt as nice IMO and eats battery quicker. I did read that Apple did ask samsung about using their SuperAMOLED displays as used on the galaxy and wave but im pretty sure Samsung dont have the capacity for their phones and possible Iphone 4G ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom