New IPhone Getting Closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Bit late to the party with this one, but how do I go about getting OS 4 onto my device? Are there people here with the relevant developer accounts?

Thanks

Soldato
Niir; said:
but how can u talk about the 4g's tech (either pros or cons) when theres no confermed tech specs...

oh ofcourse backing up arguments with factual info isnt what apple fan boys do is it...because it means they loose arguments...big whoopsie on my part.

anyway ill leave you guys to talk about apples latest and most expensive innovation, which totally doesnt just replicated stuff already on the market now :eek:

Ohhh yea, because android was out long before apple decided to release a phone, oh, wait.

And how many incarnations is android currently sitting on? How many devices are running it compared to the ONE model a year apple release.

Yes, the desire is a good phone, but really, all they have done is taken it a small short step forward over the 3gs and os3, so really, what will be the long run, android and the htc partnership are going to have to pull a lot more out of the bag than what they are serving up right now.

I could rip apart the desires camera becuase of it compression levels and CMOS sensor and crap colour gammas, but what's the point if you happy knowing it has 5mp.

Associate
the first iphone did shake up the smartphone market and probably changed its direction for ever. However its been a long time since Apple have produced anything on a hardware or software level that could truely be called an innovation.

Android by its nature as an open source program and its market position as a less well known rival to Apple has to innovate, Apple sell products because its Apple not because its actually good (or good enough to warrent the premium price) where as Android has to be good to actually sell.

By incarnations you mean versions? If so Android 2.2 (Froyo) is out on the Nexus One and is coming to most high end Android phones from late june (rumoured) or second half of the year. Tests show a 2-5 times increase in speed in benchmarks.

So a small step beyond the 3GS is a superior processor, almost limitless customization and personalization and.....a camera with a flash :eek: oh and ability to increase storage, or take out the battery and multitask :eek:

I agree minor steps over the 3GS, like totally tinny.

Nothing i have seen about OS4 or the various functions on the next iPhone show any sign of bucking the trend of the current lack of innovation in Apples products.

It would be a pleasing suprise to be proven wrong though.

...also its a freaking phone camera, all i take with it is drunken pics hardly an area where super high quality is wanted :D...so rip it apart for being bad...theres more important stuff out there than a phone camera :rolleyes:

Soldato
Right, basiclly you have listed few things not coming th the new iPhone and os4 lol, this is a stupid argument, as you have used a point of being to cutomize the look of the phone, do people really care about that?

5 years from now I don't see android having much more of a Market share, and it won't be anreal increase I owners if other hardware brands decide to use it. Opensourse stuff is over rated, it always has been, and not much has came from it that lasted in any real meaningful development. Like I say, over the next 5 years they really better come up with somthing better, as with the iPod, apple revolutionised the Market first, and look how that's worked out.

Soldato
Right, basiclly you have listed few things not coming th the new iPhone and os4 lol, this is a stupid argument, as you have used a point of being to cutomize the look of the phone, do people really care about that?

5 years from now I don't see android having much more of a Market share, and it won't be anreal increase I owners if other hardware brands decide to use it. Opensourse stuff is over rated, it always has been, and not much has came from it that lasted in any real meaningful development. Like I say, over the next 5 years they really better come up with somthing better, as with the iPod, apple revolutionised the Market first, and look how that's worked out.

Caporegime
Can you both perhaps argue elsewhere? Im sure people interested in the iPhone are more than aware of its dis/advantages over other smartphones - just ruining the thread otherwise...

If you do have any points, which arent recycled out of the numerous other threads like this that end up being locked, then post them in an adult fashion

Ta :)

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Yeah u can't really discuss anything with Apple fans anyway, unless u both sit and agree how awesome they and their products are.

It was stupid to try and I am very sorry.

Associate
apple made a big boo boo with the iphone leak.....considering they are ones to play their cards pretty close to the chest
the only thing with the prototype is that it's way too chunky looking for a apple product....too many seams
then again the original macbook air apparently had a few rough edges

i'm just hoping for a camera button

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

apple made a big boo boo with the iphone leak.....considering they are ones to play their cards pretty close to the chest
the only thing with the prototype is that it's way too chunky looking for a apple product....too many seams
then again the original macbook air apparently had a few rough edges

i'm just hoping for a camera button

It was a "DVT" prototype, which stands for Design Verification Test.

In no way was it a final product / release-ready model. I agree it's a radical change, but I wouldn't focus entirely on the Gizmodo leak.

Soldato
Bit late to the party with this one, but how do I go about getting OS 4 onto my device? Are there people here with the relevant developer accounts?

Thanks

I have a developer account.

And currently, loading OS4 locks your phone to OS4 and currently it isn't that stable. a lot of reports of crashing, and apple still say dn't install on main phone until its more stable.

Soldato
Opensourse stuff is over rated, it always has been, and not much has came from it that lasted in any real meaningful development.

Mozilla, MySQL, PHP, Linux Kernel, Apache, BIND just a handful of OS apps that are much larger and have been around much longer than the iPhone OS.

Soldato
how far off do we think we should be from a release in UK ? soon-ish or towards end of year ?

my contract ends Monday, and not sure whether to get a HTC Desire or go PAYG for a few months and wait for 4G Iphone ? If its end of year thats too long to wait really

Soldato
how far off do we think we should be from a release in UK ? soon-ish or towards end of year ?

my contract ends Monday, and not sure whether to get a HTC Desire or go PAYG for a few months and wait for 4G Iphone ? If its end of year thats too long to wait really

Well its probably going to be announced at the WWDC on June the 7th. How long till you can actually buy one is anyones guess, but I doubt it would be longer than 2 months.

Associate
I doubt it would be longer than a week or so.

iPhone 3G: Announced June 9th, for sale June 11th.
iPhone 3GS: Announced June 8th, for sale June 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom