** NEW LG MONITORS - INCLUDING 2 EXCLUSIVE TO OCUK!!! **

Associate
I was thinking of going for three of these for a triple monitor setup but i am not to sure as i have read so many problems with build quality of the screen, I was also looking at the dell 27u19d which i know is only 60hz. there both at the same price point just about as the lg is £50 more.

How are overclockers for sending monitors back becasue of dead pixels and bad light overspill on the screen ? do you have to wait on tests or do you get a instant replacment if its in stock ? and how many times can you do this.

one question that know ones has asked what is the surface like of the screen ? as many screens with anti reflction coating can casue the screen look a lititle grainy as some are better than other.

thanks

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I was thinking of going for three of these for a triple monitor setup but i am not to sure as i have read so many problems with build quality of the screen, I was also looking at the dell 27u19d which i know is only 60hz. there both at the same price point just about as the lg is £50 more.

How are overclockers for sending monitors back becasue of dead pixels and bad light overspill on the screen ? do you have to wait on tests or do you get a instant replacment if its in stock ? and how many times can you do this.

one question that know ones has asked what is the surface like of the screen ? as many screens with anti reflction coating can casue the screen look a lititle grainy as some are better than other.

thanks
The anti reflection coating is that strong so doesn’t add a grainy look.

If you return to OcUK for a dead pixel or BLB they would have to access it first before they can issue a replacement. If they deem it not a fault I believe there is a charge, but within 14 days I’m not sure that applies.

Associate
As mentioned in some of the reviews the coating isn't too bad, much lighter than some of the earlier models. It's still noticable when placed next to a Apple iMac, but then most displays are.
Thankfully my two are shaping up nicely and haven't had any problems yet.

Soldato
I’m smiling. Picked the 27GL850B up from the dreaded retail chain and this is my second attempt at trying an IPS panel. Returned 3 dells a few years ago because of bleed/Glow.

I certainly can notice glow coming from the left corner but its only really noticeable in dark room on black screens. The screen seems pretty uniform I also and tested a few colour screen for stuck pixels and haven’t noticed any. I’m really chuffed and at the stage now I want to stop testing!!!!

Soldato
Is there a replacement on the way for the 27GL850 already? I heard something about a 27GN850, but don't know if it's just an aesthetic variation, or a completely new monitor.
Edit: Sorry, I'm wrong! It doesn't have a USB hub built-in so it looks more like a GL83A replacement with a stand that can pivot to portrait mode.

Last edited:
Associate
If the release of the 27GN950 is anything like the 27GL850 then you'll be lucky to see one before the end of the year.

The Indian Cuisine place has them on pre-order for for delivery on the 1st Sep 2020. Wonder if we'll get them on here soon too.
£749.99 for a 4K 144hz 27" Punchy but not much competition out there.

Associate
That is quite an uplift on price for a 4k panel on 27 inches. It will be interesting to read the reviews when they come out as i thought the general opinion was that 4k was better suited to larger displays, but that might not be the same for gaming.

Associate
I had a 28" Samsung 4K when they first came out, and it was unusable for productivity. I now have an Acer 32" and its perfectly usable.
However 32" 4K does show jagged edges, so I think gaming will look nice and sharp, but not great for anything else.

HDR 600 too, so pretty good brightness. I think the next step are the asus panels which are 1.5k+

Soldato
Having used a 27", 32", 43" and 48" 4k monitor, IMO it's only worth the massive performance drop from 4K at around 40". A 32" 4K monitor doesn't look noticeably sharper than a 27" 1440P (with 4xaa) monitor to me, and is just not worth the drop in FPS. Note i'm talking about gaming here.

43" 4K on the other hand is amazing for games. I think 40" would also be doable, but I haven't seen one with my own eyes yet.

Associate
A 40+ inch 4k display with a suitably beefy GPU really would be rather nice. It will be interesting what frame rates the new cards will be able to achieve. We all best get saving!

Associate
Hi, out of the loop as I gave up months ago waiting for these to come into stock and wasn't prepared to part with my money and not have a date of delivery.

Are these still worth it at their current price or are they old tech?

Back
Top Bottom