New little toy :)

Soldato
Bought myself a Sony P11Z today and absolutely love it even with vista its not bad, im currently installing windows 7 on it (i get free upgrade too when its launched) picked it up as a customer return the thing is absolutely as new and was £400 so whilst it was a little more than most i think its still pretty good, the biggest shock was that it plays 720p and even 1080p video perfectly fine :) hopefully windows 7 will be a little quicker the only down side to the size is the fact it has a 60gb hdd :( when i feel a bit brave i may dismantle it and try and fit an ipod 160gb hdd in.............

Sorry about the pic quality was taken with my useless phone camera!

pseries.jpg

Soldato
OP
Nice find, these are the danglies of netbooks, not envious in the slightest, hd upgrade should be straight forward theres not much to take apart :D

Theres no obvious screws holding it together unfortunately so it must just crack to gether, shame the choice of 1.8" hard drives is a bit limited, cant have it all i suppose, im even going to try and get £150 cash back ;) receipt says nothing about b grade etc on it so you never know it may end up costing £250 :)

Associate
Yes I've been looking to get his Vaio as well ... its very tempting because of the £150 cash back, it'll work out on average £500 for one.

I'm not sure to get this or the Vaio Mini W ...

Associate
I think they're awesome, they where closer to the £1000 mark when they first came out I believe. The SSD version would be good but that is still very expensive.

I haven't really had the chance to play with one, is it quite nippy to use? I would want to install Win7 on it eventually.

Soldato
Can you take a picture next to a wallet or something, quite curious about the size.

I recall their site saying you could slip it into your pocket without problems, but I'm not 100% sure.

Man of Honour
Wow thats a nice bit of kit, decent screen res and CPU for the size - I'm a big fan of ultra portable netbooks - was one of the first people to buy the original Eee 701 in the UK :D

How big is it compared to a DVD case?
EDIT: Just measured it up and it slightly wider than I thought, but comparable in depth and height... not bad.

Tho my xperia has replaced most of my netbook needs for now... but I'll have to serious keep this in mind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom