New little toy :)

Associate
I'm really tempted to get one with the cash back offer but not too sure about the resolution TBH.

Have you used it for long periods of time? I think I might get frustrated using the mouse thing in the middle of the keyboard.

Soldato
OP
I'm really tempted to get one with the cash back offer but not too sure about the resolution TBH.

Have you used it for long periods of time? I think I might get frustrated using the mouse thing in the middle of the keyboard.

not had it long enough to really comment on long term usage, i also bought a mini bluetooth mouse but havent really used that much as the pointer isnt too bad when you get used to it

Soldato
OP
The screens are not very tough :(

P1000672.jpg

Associate
Ouch. I feel for you buddy.
Best worth checking both home and travel insurance. Personally, my insurer (Amex) excludes all hi-tech equipment such as laptops unless you pay a premium (which I did), but your home insurance might cover this?
Fingers crossed...I was just about to comment at how nice it looks... :(

Soldato
OP
I get free travel insurance from my bank, ive phoned them and they will cover upto £350 per item whilst travelling, unfortunately i didnt take accidental damage option on home insurance, ive phoned sony this morning and am waiting for a call back on repair cost, my guess it will be quite a lot more than £350!

Soldato
Ouch thats very unlucky, thats one problem with ultra portable sonys the screens are extremely delicate, if you have no joy with insurance you can maybe get a fixed price repair done if the part is less than £300 at a certain high street store. Its around £239 i think.

Soldato
OP
Not really a problem if the insurance company pay for it I guess! :eek:

Travel insurance only covers max of £350 per item :( household will cover it i guess but I have a £250 excess with them :( could try and claim the £350 then use that to pay the excess and be £100 better off lol...........but as it stands sony wouldn't give me a written quote so the insurance wont proceed until i get some kind of quote.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom