New Mechanical Keyboard

Associate
Yeah drop any links in, I don't think I'll buy one for a month or so :)

http://murobbs.plaza.fi/yritykset-ja-jalleenmyyjat/880826-ducky.html

Pricing is around page 22 or 26ish I think.

Also

The ducky nordic site isn't up yet but:

617217_376002342474866_105405779_o.jpg

G9008 + White lasered PBT keycap. I'm guessing it'll be limited time offer only (I got a limited - regional launch of Ducky a year ago (PBT engraved keycap + bonus Black on black keycap, same price as the normal version)).

If backlit is a must then there's few choices, Shine 2/Shine Year of the Dragon; Deck Legend and KBT Race/Pure if you need desk space. There's also various cheaper options but they either have issues/quirks, or the build quality isn't comparable to the aforementioned.

You can find most of the popular choices with reasonable price on Ebay; and some less well-known one on Taobao (chinese ebay). There's also Keyboard company (UK based - Filco/Topre/Some unicomp) and various online vendors =p.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The ducky nordic site isn't up yet but:

<snip>

G9008 + White lasered PBT keycap. I'm guessing it'll be limited time offer only (I got a limited - regional launch of Ducky a year ago (PBT engraved keycap + bonus Black on black keycap, same price as the normal version)).

If backlit is a must then there's few choices, Shine 2/Shine Year of the Dragon; Deck Legend and KBT Race/Pure if you need desk space. There's also various cheaper options but they either have issues/quirks, or the build quality isn't comparable to the aforementioned.

Careful about mentioning competitors ;)

Desk space is hardly a big concern, the Razer Blackwidow is hardly a small keyboard, and it is the only thing I have on my desk apart from the other computer peripherals (2 monitors, mousemat, mouse, desk lamp and the tower). There was plenty of room for the Razer so I think these ones will be fine.

I love the look of that keyboard, I'll have a look into pricing now as you say.

Associate
OP
I've just been looking around, I have found a website that sells the Ducky keyboards, I have found one with Blue switches and Blue LED backlights, with the num pad, which looks very tempting... £115 though :p I would pay it I think it is a great looking keyboard.

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not a fan of the Red LEDs unfortunately. However the Blue switch one might be good, I'm not quite sure about switches still... I know it is all personal preference but there isn't really a way that I can tell which one I will prefer until I have tried all of the switches, I love typing on the Blues but want to try another switch. So the Qpad is an option for sure. The world of mechanical keyboards is a wild one for sure :p

So far my list is

• Ducky Pro (choice of switches)
  • Qpad MK-85 (Red switches)
  • Just use the new Blackwidow when it arrives (blue switches)
  • Gigabyte Aivia Omnium (red switches)

Soldato
I got the Q-Pad mk85 with black switches from the xmas calendar for £75ish.

Love the black switches. They have a nice weight. Tried reds, way too light. Blues we're too noisy.

Its got a nice small form factor. Enjoying it.

Soldato
Do you mean this keyboard? I came across it earlier, I like the look of it, shame it isn't blue backlit cause that would be my preference :) i will keep that one in mine, I thought reds would be too light as you say.

Have you tried the Q-Pad MK-80. Similar to the MK-85 and has a blue back light.

That comes in black switches (a heavier red feel) and brown (similar to blue, but with out the clicky sound).

Last edited:
Associate
I am typing this on my mk-85 using the black switches i think the key action is really nice, this is my first mechanical keyboard and so far i am impressed, it only arrived today. It feels solidly put together and seems to have excellent build quality.

Back
Top Bottom