New member? New build! Shinobi XL white + orange

Soldato
OP
had a guy come round that draws on cases, you can get it off with alcohol wipes etc if ya want....

i love it though.

580105_10151416926417669_716121963_n.jpg

Soldato
OP
haha, cheeers dude, my computer has actually had quite the reception, lots of people taking pictures, checking it out and the likes, 1 guy offering to pay me to build him a computer also!!

i must admit though, i think it does look a lot better in the flesh!

Soldato
OP
cheers buddy, ive just got back from a LAN and have had loads of interest in the build, OCUK actually took some pictures of it, so i wouldnt mind seeing them tbh!

ive also had a guy going to send me a substantial amount of money to build him a computer!!! cant wait to do that, im thinking water cooled titan build :D

Soldato
OP
cheers buddy, ive got another one that im going to be starting next week... a lot more money will be spent i think, but im thinking about going for the same case....really liked working on it

Soldato
OP
thats something else ive been asked to do, just re house a computer into the prodigy, not sure what colour they want yet, but i really like the orange one too! If they let me choose, thats the one i will go for.

Soldato
OP
ooou, just to bump this up a bit, i never actually did finish this.... well....

today i did this....

JKapS5Ol.jpg

ok, ok, not all 3 of them are going into the build, but 2 of them are....

ive also bought a xspc photon 270 the day they came in stock at ocuk, and i love it, its MASSIVE, its so chunky!!!

im waiting on some little bits to arrive but then il update this log properly ;)

Soldato
OP
thanks guys, got a bit of a rebuild still to do, but it should make it a lot cleaner (and cooler)

ive just started to do a little bit of folding with it and it gets quite toasty as theres very little airflow through the front of the case. I need to do something about that, not sure what yet though :/

Soldato
OP
Yeh, looks like in going to have to use one in another build though, so will be back down to 2.

And if I'm honest, my dual 670s are doing me fine that are in at the moment. With how cheap I got them, I might just use them to try and get some new people interested in me doing them a build instead!

Soldato
OP
Wow davido nice build, I'm looking forward to your parvum it may give me some ideas for mine lol

Thanks man, I'm actually being a little bit held back by the person I'm doing it for due to budget, them wanting to keep their warranty on certain items etc. It's a little bit gutting as I've got some nice ideas, but as always the parvum isn't mine so they call the shots!

Soldato
OP
id be happy to braid some cables for you, it would mean you would be able to get the colours you wanted, without you having to buy the equipment (that you wouldnt use after ) custom cables look so much better than off the shelf ones (ignore the ones i have in this build, the parvum builds cables will be way better, ive nearly finished doing the 24 pin (6 more cables to go, yay!!) once ive done them il post the pics in the build log to show you what they can look like ;)

Soldato
OP
It might be an old log colinmcr, but try still not finished!

Every time I think I'm finished, I decide to re build it lol! I'm going to be rebuilding today hopefully so il get some more pics and stuff up!

I really like the idea of the clock work orange! I wish I'd have had that idea a while back! If I remember correctly though I remember a very popular build log with the same name....

... Maybe I'd change it to ' a digital clock orange hehe)

Soldato
OP
Yeah, ive got an idea for something to do after, its whether it becomes a reality or not though

ive got a few budget builds people want me to do, but i doubt il do a build log for them unless i do anything special with them :D

Soldato
OP
GREAT MOTHER OF MERCY!!!! ITS HAPPENED!!! AN UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after over a year, and silly amounts of money spent, on what is essentially a mid range rig now, ive (nearly) finished!

(ive said this before though, and this is what ive done since that)!!!

So, i bought a nice rad:

7hdnVgKl.jpg

and one that needed a spray!

Tc94OMwl.jpg

some orange tubing

oM3DPF9l.jpg

i bought a nice tube rez (notice how dirty it is, its been in my system since xspc released these, its just taken me this long to actually rebuild it!!)

AsuvGEIl.jpg

and i bought another GPU!

7e1jgXBl.jpg

VCG75eYl.jpg

vtb29w0l.jpg

Soldato
OP
now this im particuarly proud of, it took me so many hours, and i only bought 1 sheet, so it was either win or lose.

i used, a heat gun. some sand paper, some little mini hand files, a slightly bigger one, and a little mini hacksaw.

I wont tell you how many hours it took... as it really is rather sad lol

F8EG7ljl.jpg

I started with rough cuts, and bending using a heat gun, and some brute strength (grrrr)

XBzxsrnl.jpg

saFNvQEl.jpg

mEC1TgTl.jpg

Back
Top Bottom