New motherboard not working

Associate
So I'vbe been collecting the parts to build a new server/PC, using the case (a rather massive phanteks thing) of my old one I built some 8 years ago. That used a Asus Z10PE-D16 WS, the new motherboard is a Z13PE-D16. I have a Micron 2Tb NVM SSD with the old PC OS on it, new Crucial DDR5-5600 memory and two shiny new 5512U Xeons. Kept the existing 1000W EVGA power supply.

Spent some time today stuffing the new motherboard with the memory and cpus and checking the connections. Then went and powered on.

The fans came on (both CPU fans and case fans) but within 2 seconds it shut itself down...

Looking a bit more closely at the LEDs on the board:
- the standby power green LED blinks green as expected
- the Q-Code LED indicated 00 then 10 before the shutdown, apparently 10 means 'PEI Core is started' whatever that means
- the green DIMM LED briefly goes green when power is applied indicating there is 12V power to the memories
- a red LED next to the styandby power one comes on very briefly at the moment of shutdown. I think this is the 'Processor Catastrophic Error' LED.

So I'm kind of stuck. I did try taking the board out and checking there were no shorts on the back to standoffs, and the testing is without any SATA/USB connections or PCIe cards. I've checked the memories are in the right slots, the only thing I can think of now is something wrong with the CPUs? They are LGA4677 ones which is new to me but they seemed to drop in OK and fitting Noctua coolers was straightforward.

Any suggestions appreciated!

According to the order, memory is Micron it seems:

32GB DDR5-5600 RDIMM MTC20F2085S1RC56BR 2Rx8

I should add I get no system beeps as this motherboard doesn't have any kind of speaker/buzzer!

Back
Top Bottom