NEW MSI B550 UNIFY better than X570 UNIFY??

Soldato
That is always on my mind! but I'm on a 370x now and I assume the leap to DDR 5 will be initially much more expensive and not feasible until 2022 at the earliest? (maybe 2023 after Brexit tax is added to everything!)
A sub £200 board would probably do the job for a couple of years though but I guess it depends on how often you upgrade.

Associate
I've tried to look, but find descrambling motherboard info. almost impossible! Do the extra 2xSATA ports (on the Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA) have any effect on the speed of other ports etc? as in, is there a reason MSI have left them off the Unify?
If you max out the M.2 slots on the board I think that 2 of the SATA ports become unavailable. From the reviews I have seen both boards are good so there is not much in it you cant go wrong with either.

As for buying a cheaper board I don think there is anything wrong with that - but I have bought a 3090 and 5900x so why would I cheap out on the board. Gonna make it last a good few years so it is worth the investment.

Associate
Cheers everyone, I've gone for the x570 Unify...probably overpriced, but I've saved more in petrol working from home this year so figure why not!
Snap just decided to also go with the unify - the gigabyte to me looks a bit dated. fickle I know.

Soldato
Snap just decided to also go with the unify - the gigabyte to me looks a bit dated. fickle I know.

What do you think of the board mate

Hello,

I only ordered the Mboard yesterday, assuming it arrives by Friday I'll be installing over the weekend...It'll be paired with the CPU etc in my signature, not looking forward to re-installing everything but looking forward to the Mboard!

Reviewed well, so hoping I'll have smooth PC'ing for a couple of years with it...Guess me and Kevman will be able to answer your question soon!

Soldato
Hello,

I only ordered the Mboard yesterday, assuming it arrives by Friday I'll be installing over the weekend...It'll be paired with the CPU etc in my signature, not looking forward to re-installing everything but looking forward to the Mboard!

Reviewed well, so hoping I'll have smooth PC'ing for a couple of years with it...Guess me and Kevman will be able to answer your question soon!
Thanks mate that would be great I only noticed this board a couple of days ago I've got a x570 gigabyte elite but looking at building another pc and quite fancy this board

Soldato
the best feature on this board is the Clear CMOS button at the back of IO...makes tweaking OC so much easier!

the start and reset button on the board itself is nice. but only useful if you want to test stuff.

Associate
Cheers everyone, I've gone for the x570 Unify...probably overpriced, but I've saved more in petrol working from home this year so figure why not!

Looking forward to hearing what you think, I’m also considering this board with some 3600mhz cl14 team group 8 pack memory but can’t see it listed on MSI’s site as compatible :(

Soldato
Looking forward to hearing what you think, I’m also considering this board with some 3600mhz cl14 team group 8 pack memory but can’t see it listed on MSI’s site as compatible :(

I've got the:

Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-33000C18 4133MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black
MY-099-TG

I'll let you know how I get on, had confirmation the Mboard is coming today, but it'll be Saturday when I install (work PC runs as a VM on it so can't risk it until the Xmas break)

Cheers,

Associate
I've got the:

Team Group Xtreem "8Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-33000C18 4133MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black
MY-099-TG

I'll let you know how I get on, had confirmation the Mboard is coming today, but it'll be Saturday when I install (work PC runs as a VM on it so can't risk it until the Xmas break)

Cheers,

Nice, I’ll keep my eyes peeled for an update

Man of Honour
How much of a negative is the lack of Bluetooth on this board? I can’t tell if it’s a missing feature that will irritate me! Can you not just buy a cheap adaptor and bop that in a USB socket?

Man of Honour
Associate
Fyi just figured out on the unify that the led debug indicator outputs the cpu temp by default in case you were wondering. Plus a light comes on when xml is enabled

Soldato
Fyi just figured out on the unify that the led debug indicator outputs the cpu temp by default in case you were wondering. Plus a light comes on when xml is enabled
Ok that’s news to me. Good to know. Not that I ever paid attention to the error codes. As they don’t make sense even with the manuals explanation.

Back
Top Bottom