New pc build

Associate
Hello. Wise and wonderful people. I'm looking at building a tower for a friend to play Dragon Age: Inquisition. They want to play the game. On ultra setting possible 4k. Can you recommend a build for me. Not sure on budget but just need to be able to reach them Settings no need for an extravagant system. Cheers in advance.
On a side note they have dogs so prob need a good filter for fan

Soldato
Budget would be nice tbh lol - no point wasting time coming up with a £1.5k rig and then tells you he can only afford £500 for his 4K gaming experience to play a random 6 year old game :D

Next questions after, does he need WiFi? Does he already have a 4K monitor or decent TV he’s using it?

‘4k gaming at ultra’ and ‘no need for extravagant system’ can’t go in the same sentence unfortunately. Even a 6 y/o game @ 4K it’s quite demanding :p

Associate
OP
Lol fair point the idea is she wants the pc ready to. Play Dragon Age 4 when it comes out in a couple of years so I figured if it can play the last one on ultra it should be OK to handle the new One on high. Budget prob around 1.5k plus any recommendations on a good 32inch monitor preferably hdr. That's not included in the budget

Soldato
Does she have a decent PC already she's using? That game isn't due for release for nearly 2 years (think April 2022 at earliest last I saw) seems a bit pointless buying current gen for that

If she wants to stick £1.5k on a new rig now, if she can wait 3-6 months she'd benefit from Nvidia/AMD's next gen GPUs and likely AMD's Ryzen 4000 series CPUs due late this year.

Is the 32" monitor she's after the 4K one? That's very demanding resolution, even a 5700 XT or 2070S within the £1500 budget would have to turn down some settings. Prob looking 50-90fps game-dependent at 4k. Has she considered 1440p? Much less demanding and just as good a crisp image IMO to game on for PC.

Or unless she has no PC at all and wants one to game on atm, then different story... :) Do you know if she needs WiFi or is she wired to router for internet?

Edit: If she'd be happy with 32" @ 1440p this is the sorta system I'd go for if she needed to buy right now. The 34 eSports Duo is a great cooler and ample for 3700X, could get an AIO if really wanted but bit overkill depends if wants the aesthetics etc. Case is entirely her own personal choice, just chucked in a decent airflow with some RGB for a good price point just because.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,699.71 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Her current pc is about 6year old and I looked at doing upgrades but the main board she has is limited think she brought a pre built system.

She's not fussed about lights or any thing internal like that. I'll be sorting out cable For her Internet. She's plays for hours so I'll add a few extra fans to have good air flow through the system

Soldato
Fair enough - could get slightly cheaper RAM and case then with the non-RGB models like below. There is a white version of that case if she prefers, or any other ATX case tbh.

You don't need to add loads of fans either, if case comes with 2-3 fans already you'll be fine. Especially if has a decent CPU cooler with twin fans as well. If really wanted to maybe add 1-2 fans to exhaust out the top.

Then just to decide whether be happy with 32" @ 1440p. 4k is very demanding and hard to keep up with and have good FPS.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,685.37 (includes shipping: £19.62)

Associate
OP
I'll talk to her and explain 4k will cost a lot. Sure she will be happy with a good 1440 screen.

Can you recommend a good filter for the fans? She has dogs so want to reduce chance of any crap building up inside

Soldato
According to spec the front is a fine mesh and there is a removable dust filter underneath PSU and top of case has one too. Should suffice ok? Just remove them and ensure they're cleaned often, she'll soon get an idea how often she needs to check/clean the dust filters.

Also, don't put the case on the floor if can avoid it. Keep it on a desk if possible, that'll really help avoid the system suck in more dust and hair from the floor etc :)

Get her to invest in a few cans of compressed air too maybe, and just suggest she opens it up outdoors every few months, to give it a good clear-out if the house is really bad for dust/hair? :p

Edit: Tbh dependant on colour of her dog and how anal she wants to ensure it's kept clean, could get the white model of that case if she wants to be able to tell easier when system is getting dusty etc? It's easier to see I've noticed with my own lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom