3K Gaming PC Build - need ideas / suggestions

Associate
Hey y'all.

I had a nice system custom made with you guys around 5-6 years ago. Works fine to this date, I just started a new job and wish to upgrade to get up to speed again for the next 3-4-5 years!

I am thinking of a high-end system with Ryzen and either the new NVIDIA series or the new AMD series later this year.

I seen this build and I really loved it. Anyone would be able to say how much this would cost through OCUK - built for me?

I am thinkinf of a build of this type for the PC. I really love the white and black vibe!

116283960_380096606309446_4202744503577250266_n.png

Man of Honour
Can you wait as nvidia 3080 is the to be released in September.

Is this a gaming pc build, what resolution and mHz monitor do you game at.

Helps if you have a budget in mind.

Associate
OP
Can you wait as nvidia 3080 is the to be released in September.

Is this a gaming pc build, what resolution and mHz monitor do you game at.

Helps if you have a budget in mind.

Hey - I am certaintly going to wait that time for sure.

I really just want to do a black n white theme build for sure this time. I think I'll pick the parts and get a build like that rather than use the Configurator as that lacks a LOT of options..

It is fully a high end 1440P gaming machine yes. I'd probably just do 1440 and 144Hz which seems to be the new "norm" - when I did my old one it was 1080/60 haha.

Associate
OP
If your budget allows it, look at Threadripper CPUs for the extra PCI Express lanes.

Well, I do not need to go as extreme. Isn't a Threadripper like 3 grand itself? My entire budget will be around 3 grand - plus gaming only, so I thought even a Ryzen 9 would be too much perhaps..

Associate
OP
If you really like the build you posted research what they used e.g case, fans,etc but where the hell is the psu?

I am unsure about that myself! That is why I opened the topic. I have not looked at PC hardware for 3 years now I think.. and I really don't know much about current-gen. Apart from a new GPU from AMD and NVIDIA later this year, I know I'll get a Ryzen CPU for sure. That is all I know.. bit of a noob again!

Associate
OP
Only the big one; the 24-core Threadripper is £1399.

Yeah, I mean.. I have an i7-4790K and even that still runs my needs well! I just hardcore game, I use very little processing so I'm torn between a Ryzen 7 or 9 to be fair. But price is not much of a difference so I thought I'd do 9 for future proofing.

Associate
OP
Why don't you pick the case you like and go from there.

Should change the title to 3k build.

Roger that, did now. Well, I did like this Lian Li white case quite a lot. It seems to have some good funk around it.

I'd like to do white as my last build was all black. Any suggestions for a nice tower that would be the right size of a high end (non watercooled) build like that? AIO would be 240mm I'd say, no more needed as I don't OC extremely.

Soldato
If you really like the build you posted research what they used e.g case, fans,etc but where the hell is the psu?

It's a dual chamber case - PSU and drives are in the back :p lol

I am thinking of a high-end system with Ryzen and either the new NVIDIA series or the new AMD series later this year.

I seen this build and I really loved it. Anyone would be able to say how much this would cost through OCUK - built for me?

I am thinkinf of a build of this type for the PC. I really love the white and black vibe!

If you're gonna drop 3k or close to on a gaming rig, I'd recommend waiting at least 2-3 months for when Nvidia should be launching their next-gen GPUs.

If you really wanna mirror that build it'll be hella expensive. You could get a similar or better looking one for few quid less maybe, but you pay so much extra money to swap fans out etc.
  • Case - is the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL
  • RAM - OcUK don't sell the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro White model, only the Black colour. I got the White RAM for my PC last year, but had to buy it elsewhere.
  • AIO - is the Aorus 360mm AIO with the fans swapped out for Corsair LL120 fans looks like or similar. So very expensive lol as be £190 + £90 (£280 total) for 3 pack of those fans. Or you could go for the Asus Strix LC White 360mm for £60 less which has a white pump too. Or get the Corsair H100i Platinum 240mm for £150 just on a smaller rad.
  • PSU cables - the tidy looking power cables, is the CableMod ModMesh it looks like, you'd have to be careful which kit you go for as need to be compatible with PSU you end up with
  • Fans - looks like he's side and bottom mounted 3x Corsair LL120 fans, plus another 3 swapped out on the AIO as mentioned before.
  • GPU - looks like the Gigabyte 2070/2080 Super White, which OcUK have stopped selling it seems. Again there are other white GPUs like the Asus Strix OC White Edition. But doesn't really matter as will be next gen cards you look at anyway.
  • Controller - because of all the Corsair fans, probably has a Corsair Commander Pro in the back but it can only connect 6 fans afaik, or 12 fans on splitters but have no RGB then I believe. Would have to research that more to see best way to have it all on the CCP.
But yeah, not much point speccing a basket when you aren't buying yet anyway - which is good as mentioned new Nvidia GPU should be out in 2-3 months. :)

Edit: In general for the rest of the system for gaming, prob suggest at least a Ryzen 3700X on a X570 Aorus Elite (if you want similar aesthetics), 16-32GB RAM, 1-2TB NVMe/SSD drive and a decent 650w PSU at least.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It's a dual chamber case lol - PSU and drives are in the back

If you're gonna drop 3k or close to on a gaming rig, I'd recommend waiting at least 2-3 months for when Nvidia should be launching their next-gen GPUs.

If you really wanna mirror that build it'll be hella expensive. You could get close, but you pay so much extra money to swap things out etc.
  • Case - is the Lian-Li O11 Dynamic XL
  • RAM - OcUK don't sell the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro White model, only the Black colour. I got the White RAM for my PC last year, but had to buy it elsewhere.
  • AIO - is the Aorus 360mm AIO with the fans swapped out for Corsair LL120 fans looks like or similar. So very expensive lol as be £190 + £90 (£280 total) for 3 pack of those fans. Or you could go for the Asus Strix LC White 360mm for £60 less which has a white pump too. Or get the Corsair H100i Platinum 240mm for £150 just on a smaller rad.
  • PSU cables - the tidy looking power cables, is the CableMod ModMesh it looks like, you'd have to be careful which kit you go for as need to be compatible with PSU you end up with
  • Fans - looks like he's side and bottom mounted 3x Corsair LL120 fans, plus another 3 swapped out on the AIO as mentioned before.
  • Controller - because of all the Corsair fans, probably has a Corsair Commander Pro in the back but it can only connect 6 fans afaik, or 12 fans on splitters but have no RGB then I believe. Would have to research that more to see best way to have it all on the CCP.
But yeah, not much point speccing when you aren't buying yet anyway - which is good as mentioned new Nvidia GPU should be out in 2-3 months. :)

Hey, thanks for the insight. I am indeed waiting until something releases. I was always an AMD GPU person but maybe this time I'll see what the high end 3080 will be like and try the green team. CPU will be Ryzen 7/9 - depends.

Well, I may not "mirror" it exactly, but I'd like a vibe along those lines. OCUK does sell the Corsair RGB white RAM sticks now! https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-white-my-4c3-cs.html

For AIO - I'd probably go for the new NZXT ones as I heard great things about it.

I'll want 1 x 2 TB or 2 x 1 TB NVMe SSDs, and probably a 1/2TB HDD for good measure.

As for a MOBO - I'll need to see what's decent. They can range from 150-450 quid and I know little about the difference between them to be fair. But CPU / GPU / RAM / AIO I have an idea on what I need.

Case, Motherboard etc are up for question too thus far. I'd like to keep in a nice black and white theme, so ideally a dark-ish motherboard to offset the white (potentially) GPU, RAM sticks and so on.

Soldato
Hey, thanks for the insight. I am indeed waiting until something releases. I was always an AMD GPU person but maybe this time I'll see what the high end 3080 will be like and try the green team. CPU will be Ryzen 7/9 - depends.

Well, I may not "mirror" it exactly, but I'd like a vibe along those lines. OCUK does sell the Corsair RGB white RAM sticks now! https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...3200mhz-dual-channel-kit-white-my-4c3-cs.html

For AIO - I'd probably go for the new NZXT ones as I heard great things about it.

I'll want 1 x 2 TB or 2 x 1 TB NVMe SSDs, and probably a 1/2TB HDD for good measure.

As for a MOBO - I'll need to see what's decent. They can range from 150-450 quid and I know little about the difference between them to be fair. But CPU / GPU / RAM / AIO I have an idea on what I need.

Case, Motherboard etc are up for question too thus far. I'd like to keep in a nice black and white theme, so ideally a dark-ish motherboard to offset the white (potentially) GPU, RAM sticks and so on.

Ah didn't see those, albeit only the 3200MHz kit. I usually try spec 3600MHz at least for a high end rig :p You can get the 3600MHz kits elsewhere.

Yeah I just added a quick edit to my last post, pretty much suggesting what you're after. Wouldn't bother spending anymore than £200 region on mobo. It won't give you any better performance.

I'd try do away from HDDs unless you really need them imo. Nice to try keep it all SSDs storage wise these days, prices have come down and OcUK have some WD drives on sale atm. Can get the 2TB WD Blue SSD for £180. Unless you really need like 4TB+ then yeah go for HDD.

Yeah, I'm not sure why - my most expensive component will be the GPU - not the CPU for sure..

Think Quartz is just being sarcastic and pulling your leg, because of the budget your dropping on a new rig lol

Associate
OP
Ah didn't see those, albeit only the 3200MHz kit. I usually try spec 3600MHz at least for a high end rig :p You can get the 3600MHz kits elsewhere.

Yeah I just added a quick edit to my last post, pretty much suggesting what you're after. Wouldn't bother spending anymore than £200 region on mobo. It won't give you any better performance.

I'd try do away from HDDs unless you really need them imo. Nice to try keep it all SSDs storage wise these days, prices have come down and OcUK have some WD drives on sale atm. Can get the 2TB WD Blue SSD for £180. Unless you really need like 4TB+ then yeah go for HDD.

Think Quartz is just being sarcastic and pulling your leg, because of the budget your dropping on a new rig lol

Haha, OK - potentially!

I'll try to go for the new NVMe SSD's, I'll do those as opposed to the SATA type, drive ones. I had mixed experience with them. It's currently cheaper to get 2 x 1TB WD Black NVMe's than 1 x 2TB so I'll just work it out when it comes to it.

Bit of context.. In 2014? I think, I got my last rig. I dropped £1300 on that back then which was a lot for a 1080P rig. It lasted me all this time and more, as I can still play everything I want. However, with a new job, I like to "splash out" once big, rather than keep upgrading gradually every year or so. This'll keep me going for another 4-5 years, which then split by usage and time.. is a really good investment lol. I play a lot! And everything is hella expensive these days. For context, a starting 1440P monitor that's decent is 300-350 quid, like 3 times the price of a standard 1080P monitor back then.. sadly!

Back
Top Bottom