NEW PC time - no idea on specs anymore so need help

Associate
hi all, i've not built a pc for 4 years now so i'm well out of touch with whats hot and whats not!

i've mostly been playing mmorpg's but i do like my FPS shooters and recently jumped into GrayZone. My current PC seems to be struggling but i guess this could be the state of the game at present with lack of optimization.
Either way i'm looking to upgrade as i usually do every 4 years anyway.

so...what should i go for, don't really want to spend over £1500

If anyone can advise on what i can get it would be much appreciated

thanks!

Man of Honour
so...what should i go for, don't really want to spend over £1500
Are you going to build this yourself?

Do you need any extras, mouse and keyboard, etc?

What resolution is your current monitor?

Can you tell us your specs, so we know what is a decent upgrade?

Last edited:
Soldato
Judging from the OP's post history, they were specified a 5700XT and Ryzen 3600 build a few years ago.

If that's the system they're using, a 5700X3D and a new GPU and possibly PSU would be the best use of funds, most MMO's I've seen some fond of X3D cache.

Associate
OP
aye thats the build i'm currently still on!

totally fine for the games i mostly play but with the recent helldivers and grayzone its beginning to really struggle. what do you think, ok to just upgrade the GPU and CPU or do i need a full new system?

Soldato
aye thats the build i'm currently still on!

totally fine for the games i mostly play but with the recent helldivers and grayzone its beginning to really struggle. what do you think, ok to just upgrade the GPU and CPU or do i need a full new system?

CPU and GPU would bring you up to speed easily, what PSU do you have exactly?

Man of Honour
If you have AM4 already then the 5700X3D is a very good option, especially for MMOs as Gray2233 has mentioned.

The 7900 GRE is around twice as fast as your 5700 XT, so taken together that's around £750, depending on if you need a new PSU.

Last edited:
Soldato

Might be a little light for a 7900GRE, I think you'd be alright with a 4070S however.

A PSU update is still well within budget for you if you want to go that route, there's some good offers at the moment on quality 750-850w units. It just depends on how much you want to mess around with switching components out, I would recommend seeing how the 4070S and 7900GRE perform in the games you play, you might be better off with the Nvidia card anyway.

Back
Top Bottom