New PC time.

Guys, I have fallen in love with the Corsair 350D case. What repucissions will it have choosing this over what I have spec'd already, I know it's a Micro ATX case so a smaller mobo would be needed but is that all I'd need to change? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-439-GI

Edit: Been researching for ages, a lot have have two gfx cards in there but the Lightnings are so damn big I don't think it's worth the hassle plus the cooling will be awful.

Easier to stick with a full size ATX.

The Sniper M5 uses the top and very bottom green slots to run SLI/Crossfire. Thus a dual slot card hangs off the bottom edge if using a pair, so there is still a one slot gap between the cards for improved airflow (where the second green slot is). The Corsair 350D does say it has 5 expansion slots so thats ok with the Sinper M5 and a pair of dual slot GFX cards.

Guys, I have fallen in love with the Corsair 350D case. What repucissions will it have choosing this over what I have spec'd already, I know it's a Micro ATX case so a smaller mobo would be needed but is that all I'd need to change? http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-439-GI

Edit: Been researching for ages, a lot have have two gfx cards in there but the Lightnings are so damn big I don't think it's worth the hassle plus the cooling will be awful.

That is an amazing case.

As stulid said, aslong as you get a board, like the sniper that can give you an air gap between the two cards you should be fine. :)

Get a H100 in the top, two 140mm fans at the front and you'll be laughing.

NOTE: the sniper seems to be the only Matx board you can do that with, shame because my Z68 board has the same slot 1 and 3 (x8/x8) layout. :)

Yeah, they'd fit but would be so tight. Not happy with the 650 D anymore, I wish the 350 D was bigger, I really love that case :(

I've seen how big the Lightening is, it's basically touching the PSU and would be about 2cm off the other card, the cooling would be awful?

Yeah, they'd fit but would be so tight. Not happy with the 650 D anymore, I wish the 350 D was bigger, I really love that case :(

I've seen how big the Lightening is, it's basically touching the PSU and would be about 2cm off the other card, the cooling would be awful?

Unfortunatly the bigger borother of the 350D is the 800D/900D :eek:

The slot layout should be fine, it'd look a bit like this:

9tv7.jpg

See theres an air gap between the two cards, that makes all the difference.

You will need the sniper for that though.

This is taken from the cases thread...

rPBztOg.jpg

Bear in mind the Lightening is thicker than what's in that PC can't see it looking like the pic you displayed doom

Ahh, i like that build. :)

Im suire the lightning is still only daul slot but it is wider, which won't impact the case choice as the 350d is more than wide enough to house it.

Though i do see the issue of the second GPU fan (near enough) touching the top of the PSU.. Thats a shame.. That could disurpt your cooling a fair bit.

I'm edging towards the Thermaltake S41 (S31 is cheaper and I can't see what the difference is?)

I think the S41 looks a lot nicer than the 650 D and the closest thing to the 350 D.

It is actually a very nice loking case fairly well reviewed too. Great choice. :)

Looks a fair bit like the Factal R3/R4 or Arc Midi but with that obsidian edge you like :)

I'm edging towards the Thermaltake S41 (S31 is cheaper and I can't see what the difference is?)

I think the S41 looks a lot nicer than the 650 D and the closest thing to the 350 D.

Does look very nice. These are the only differences I can see.

Urban S41

CPU cooler height limitation: 160mm VGA length limitation: 315mm(with HDD rack) 435mm(without HDD rack)

516 x 220 x 520 mm (20.3 x 8.7 x 20.5 inch)

Urban S31

CPU cooler height limitation: 155mm
VGA length limitation: 290mm(with HDD rack)
410mm(without HDD rack)

500x 206 x 520 mm
(19.7 x 8.1 x 20.5 inch)

Also the S41 comes with more fans.

Back
Top Bottom