** New Product CableMods PSU Cables **

Soldato
These are really good for neat builds, i have a power supply and other psu cables that have bulky and unsightly connectors on the end.

Associate
Does anyone know how these would compare to the EVGA G2/P2 individual sleeved cables that can be purchased direct from EVGA If only going for the black colour?

AMG

AMG

Soldato
I might get these for my EVGA G2.

Just a note to those who believe these are expensive, yes you are right. But I would pay that again to make my system look good as it did with its old power supply after I sleeved it.

Would I do it again, yes sure....To a fully modular powersupply, that is the first lesson I had learn...The hard way..However, I wouldn't do it to my G2, due to these kits. It will cost roughly 60-70 again to fully do this power supply, as I don't really want to touch its stock cables, I would want to make my own...EVGA do there own braided kit, but I think it retails for more than these do.

Last edited:
Associate
So Cablemods contacted me out of the blue and asked if I'd like to take a look at their cables and post my impressions. Pretty humbling if I do say so myself but I figure I got the EVGA kit in red (same price as these, at least in the US) already thanks to EVGA so might as well get a red Cablemod Series E kit to compare with. I'll make a thread when ready. If that 1600T2 gets here soon then I'll go ahead and use it, but if not I got 2 other EVGA units anyway.

These guys are really active on forums and social media- so probably the best time now to suggest ideas.

Soldato
Also, before anyone asks about superflower. They have a patent on their connectors, which means there is no offering for their units currently.

Would love to see the wording of the patent, but I would suggest it would be VERY easy to make compatibles and not fall foul of the patent.

It's going to be something SUPER specific for something as mundane and ordinary as a cable connector.

Associate
I think these are great for people who want a nice quick option for professional looking cable sleeving. I still think doing it yourself is the best option as to be honest I reckon most of the pricing goes towards manufacture and not materials.

Associate
Depends on if you have the tools, pins, connectors and sleeving already. If only doing once or so then a decent priced kit like this makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom