New Relationships

Soldato
Not one to write about this type of stuff,
But is it just me, or do so many people, when they find someone they really 'click' with they get anxious, butterflies if you like, waiting to see them next or hear from them.

Always love the beginning of a relationship, finding out about the other person. But also hate how you can feel at the same time.

Maybe some people are more anxious than others.

Soldato
Ahhhh the good ol' honeymoon period.

Give it time, you'll soon hate even the sound of your partners breathing.

Soldato
Isn't that 'butterflies' feeling a result of blood being diverted from idle organs and pumped to areas of potential imminent use? And yes, new relationships with people for whom you really care are often terrifying.

Soldato
Yep, I was terrified on the way into the current relationship.

So the butterflies and ups and downs are pretty exciting - BUT when what you're faced with is someone who you think might actually be 'the one' from the beginning, the excitement mixed with the fear of somehow scaring them off is quite the mixture of emotions...

Until now I've meandered into relationships, and they've been good - but I'd not seen to much potential so quickly as I did this time. Long may it continue!

EDIT: my honeymoon period seems to last about 18 months - but we're a year and a few months in, and actually nothing seems to be waning despite us having settled into quite a routine... Very nice :)

Caporegime
Personally i find it hard to get all excited about a new relationship now...guess ive become far too blase about the whole thing tbqh.

Even my current gf moans about my lack of enthusiasm about our relationship lol

Soldato
Personally i find it hard to get all excited about a new relationship now...guess ive become far too blase about the whole thing tbqh.

Even my current gf moans about my lack of enthusiasm about our relationship lol

Yea, my current relationship isn't exciteing for me, don't get me wrong, the sex is great and I love spending time with her, but it's been a long time since I had the 'honeymoon' feeling sadly :(

But this relationship is only a couple of months old.

My main worry is she is NUTS about me, so I always get scared of hurting people which is why I end things early on, but I think I will stick at this one for the time as it's never a dull moment when we are together.

Although, we watched the last ep of Band of Brothers the other day plus the extra's... She did not show a single sign of emotion, where as I was bubbling due to being in the army my self previously and my grandad telling me stories as a kid of him fighting in ww2... Was a little shocked that she just enjoyed the 'fighting scenes' as she put it... My fave series of all time, seen it about 20 times easily. How can any human being not feel sadness when watching a veteran break down in tears in his 80's within seconds from recalling one memory from the war? its strong stuff.

ags

Don
Magic and Sara, I thought it was only me!

Yea I have currently started a new relationship (5 weeks in, 9 weeks overal) and I am terrified. Terrified of messing it up, coming across as too keen, trying to keep everything cool etc etc etc.

It's times like these, when you look back at your self and think: "what a ****."

Good to know other people get the same feelings and apprenhensions as I do :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
I got a double Punch in the gut for farting in the bed the other night :(

You will get to this stage at some point :D

Top Bottom