** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Soldato
Really? Which forum i'm intrigued.

But putting the DisplayPort issue aside, the 750D is a cracking monitor.. I was happy when I paid £400 and got it working (for a short while) over DisplayPort @ 120Hz.

So for £300, if the DisplayPort does get fixed, £300 is one hell of a deal for a monitor of this quality.

Type in google samsung 750D displayport issue and it should be on the first page, apparently other monitors like Dell ones are getting the issue as well?.

Soldato
All I see is people complaining about the monitor not working over DisplayPort, some guy has been emailing them but only getting the same automated response over and over again.

I see nothing about an incoming fix, other than the Nvidia workaround that doesn't work for most people.

:(

Associate
All ok with my S27A750D connected to AMD 7950 via Display Port for BIOS post and normal use. Unfortunately I'm going to RMA due to just one stuck pixel...

Soldato
All I see is people complaining about the monitor not working over DisplayPort, some guy has been emailing them but only getting the same automated response over and over again.

I see nothing about an incoming fix, other than the Nvidia workaround that doesn't work for most people.

:(

I saw it somewhere, can't find it now.. but have you tried contacting samsung yourself? or has anyone had any response from them yet?

Associate
What panel does the S27A750D have?

I currently have a Dell 2405FPW, which ive had since new back in 2005. Whilst the Dell was regarded as the nuts back then im guessing that tech has come on since 2005 and or thought i haven't noticed it im guess the colour and sharpness on my Dell has waned over the last 7 years.

So would'nt mind having a larger screen and higher refresh rates, but on the down side the Dell is 1920x1200 and this Samsung only 9120x1080. Would i be disappointed in the Samsung S27A750D if i got it to replace my Dell?

Associate
Ok thanks. Ive heard that the ASUS VE27 series of monitors are supposed to be better for gaming than the Samsung 750, is this so?

As i would be mainly browsing the net and playing games on the monitor, all my movie watching it done on my TV

Back
Top Bottom