New Sony 55 & 65 AF9 OLED is it worth waiting for ?

Soldato
nice but yes ..for a 3K tv not sure I would be happy to tie the boot lid down, or, prop on it's side ..
... not sure if mastercard still covers getting the product home ... in case you were hit from behind or other misadventure.

Soldato
OP
isn't that the worst way to transport a tv? why not get it delivered or borrow a bigger car?
That what i was thinking as i remembered back in the old plasma TV days where plasmas TV 's had to be always transported up right or the screen glass could crack..

But the bloke in the shop i bought it from reckon it was fine to transport these OLED's like this...

Plus i got the measures wrong when i measured my boot..I measured inside between the sides where it a lot wider and failed to measure the actual opening width of the boot :o:D

Soldato
I've just taken a punt on the 65 AF8 - managed to get it new for £1574, could have got the 65AF9 for £2200 but couldn't justify the extra for the differences between the two.

Just got to wait for the delivery now... :(

Associate
Has anyone else noticed that the is an 8-10mm gap in picture after the bottom bezel?

It’s like, at the top of the screen the image starts straight after the bezel. But at the bottom, you have the bezel and then a 8-10mm black bar before the picture starts.

Is this normal?

Q4zOV5R.jpg
E8YhNO6.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
That what i was thinking as i remembered back in the old plasma TV days where plasmas TV 's had to be always transported up right or the screen glass could crack..

But the bloke in the shop i bought it from reckon it was fine to transport these OLED's like this...

Plus i got the measures wrong when i measured my boot..I measured inside between the sides where it a lot wider and failed to measure the actual opening width of the boot :o:D

I remember that old wives tale too. Its was something to do with glass not being able to support its own weight... But it was bull. You can test this by pressing the middle of your screen.

Back
Top Bottom