New Sony NGP/Vita Screen shots, videos, and news (embargo now lifted)

Soldato
I'm really struggling with this!

I Originally pre-ordered with Game when first announced then cancelled because I'm used to paying under £5 for some absolutely great games on my iPhone and thought to myself could I really justify £30+ for mobile games again!

But now release is getting closer I'm seriously tempted agian, I'm a huge Wipeout fan (already have a PS3 and Wipeout HD/Fury) and I really don't want to miss out on Wipeout 2048. Also I'm now viewing it as a Next Gen Console with its own screen that I can play when the Mrs is watching TV and the thought of MW4 or BF4 in the palm of my hand as got me very interested!

So if I was to pull the trigger on one I would like to end up with a Vita + Wipeout, 32GB Memory Card, Screen Protector and a decent case to start with. I'm thinking of buying an Amazon bundle (Rayman) + Wipeout, Case, Screen Protector then selling the 8GB card and Rayman and buying the 32GB Memory card mentioned here.

Anyone know a better way of achieving my goal should I pull the trigger?

Soldato
So if I was to pull the trigger on one I would like to end up with a Vita + Wipeout, 32GB Memory Card, Screen Protector and a decent case to start with. I'm thinking of buying an Amazon bundle (Rayman) + Wipeout, Case, Screen Protector then selling the 8GB card and Rayman and buying the 32GB Memory card mentioned here.

Anyone know a better way of achieving my goal should I pull the trigger?

The only other decent bundle is from Morrisons really. I say go for what you said. I've gone for the Hori screen protector rather than the Sony one. The Hori covers the entire front panel of the Vita as opposed to just the screen. Also went for the Thrustmaster VIP case.

Welcome to the club :p

thanks buddy! im gunna go for it i reckon! would just be awful if it doesnt turn up! lol whats a vita with out a memory card right? :D

thanks

What bundle are you getting? Does it not come with a card in case yours isn't there?

The site says release date is the 15th so it could well be there before the Vita is tbh!

EDIT: Vodafone just announced its 3G prices and exactly what you'll have to do to get Wipeout for free if you buy a 3g Vita.

Wait for it...

Pay £5 for 250mb which must be used in 30 days. Wipeout is yours.

That now means that anyone who wants wiout has a decision to make.

£220 for the WiFi + £30 for Wipeout is £250 or
£270 for the 3g + £5 for Wipeout is £275. So an extra £25 nets you 30 days/250mb of 3G, GPS in the device and the option of more 3G in the future if you want it.

So much better than the 3G deal the US is getting!

Edit 2: Uncharteds digital price on the US PSN has been dropped 10% to have the same discount as the other games

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you just use the Vodafone for one month get the game then go to another provider?

With GiffGaff's Gigabags you get 500mb for £5 and there is no contract. One just pays for what ever they need that month.

500mb £5
1gb £7.50
3gb £12.50

The £5 goodybag would probably be sufficient for most people.

GiffGaff

Soldato
Can you just use the Vodafone for one month get the game then go to another provider?

With GiffGaff's Gigabags you get 500mb for £5 and there is no contract. One just pays for what ever they need that month.

500mb £5
1gb £7.50
3gb £12.50

The £5 goodybag would probably be sufficient for most people.

GiffGaff

Yes you can do exactly that :) my giff gaff sim is sitting in my desk waiting :)

It's also no contract with Vodafone BTW. For above with plans to use them.

EDIT: Studio Liverpool also confirmed that they will be releasing a patch to help reduce load times in Wieout 2048

https://twitter.com/#!/DrStuLovegrove/status/167386745619496960

@Hasemo don't worry worry you'll get a fix very soon . How's that for a promise ;)

EDIT 2:

If you buy Ridge Racer early you'll get a bunch of the DLC for free. 5 extra cars and 3 tracks.

Early buyers of Namco Bandai’s PS Vita Ridge Racer game at retail will receive paid-for content for free.

At the launch of PlayStation Vita on February 22nd and for a limited time, boxed copies of Ridge Racer will come with a Ridge Racer Gold Pass. This grants access to five new cars, three extra courses, two music tracks and an ‘extended music mix’.

Those who pay to download the game and bypass retail will also receive the Gold Pass, but only if they buy Ridge Racer before March 31st. Those who want the pass at a later date will have to pay €6.99 for it.

In April a Ridge Racer Silver Pass will be available for €5.99 which includes even more DLC for the racing game.

Ridge Racer is the cheapest launch title for PS Vita with an RRP of £19.99, and contains just a handful of initial cars and tracks.

It’s not the first game to use a post-release DLC business model. Last year THQ’s console racer MX vs ATV Alive came with an initial £29.99 price point, but focused on a range of paid-for DLC. The publisher later said this was a noble experiment but admitted it wasn’t a great model for the console market.

Namco Bandai also revealed a Vita app which contains trailers, and a series of demos for its launch titles, including Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen and Touch My Katamari. These games will receive ‘additional free and premium DLC’.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just seen this..

http://www.shopto.net/PSP/VIDEO GAMES/PSPHWV1-PS Vita Wi Fi Model.html

With the Preorder kit..

Early buyers of Namco Bandai’s PS Vita Ridge Racer game at retail will receive paid-for content for free.

At the launch of PlayStation Vita on February 22nd and for a limited time, boxed copies of Ridge Racer will come with a Ridge Racer Gold Pass. This grants access to five new cars, three extra courses, two music tracks and an ‘extended music mix’.

Those who pay to download the game and bypass retail will also receive the Gold Pass, but only if they buy Ridge Racer before March 31st. Those who want the pass at a later date will have to pay €6.99 for it.

In April a Ridge Racer Silver Pass will be available for €5.99 which includes even more DLC for the racing game.

Ridge Racer is the cheapest launch title for PS Vita with an RRP of £19.99, and contains just a handful of initial cars and tracks.

It’s not the first game to use a post-release DLC business model. Last year THQ’s console racer MX vs ATV Alive came with an initial £29.99 price point, but focused on a range of paid-for DLC. The publisher later said this was a noble experiment but admitted it wasn’t a great model for the console market.

Namco Bandai also revealed a Vita app which contains trailers, and a series of demos for its launch titles, including Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen and Touch My Katamari. These games will receive ‘additional free and premium DLC’.

Ooooh that a little bit better.. So even when you buy the aditional content (Silver) it only works out to about £23... Would have prefered a complete game but better than nowt.. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
So now just to confuse matters should I go for 3G/wipeout deal for an extra £25? Maybe for that much 3G might come in handy....... Decisions..........decisions!

Soldato
So now just to confuse matters should I go for 3G/wipeout deal for an extra £25? Maybe for that much 3G might come in handy....... Decisions..........decisions!

The 3G model also has the GPS chip that the WiFi doesn't. And with the new Google Maps app that was added maybe that'll help.

I'm really hoping for a turn by turn navigation addition to it so that I can ditch my 5 year old TomTom!

Soldato
Preordered with Gamestation some time ago as I've got a fair of credit sitting on a trade-in card, looks like they're getting left behind with the bundle deals though :(

Anyone have any experience getting them to price match deals recently? I know when I bought my PS3 they were happy to match a rival high street retailer's bundle deal but this was about 4 or 5 years ago :/

Soldato
I'll be getting a wifi only bundle from the States in July, hopefully there will be some decent games out by then as I'm not really interested in the launch titles (not to say they are't decent).

Caporegime
Noticed that Zavvi Outlet are doing Wifi console only + pre-order pack for £199. May be handy if you already have a Memory card coming from elsewhere?

Also Play.com now have 2 bundles that seem good value.
1) £218.99 for console, pre-order pack, 8GB card.
2) £218.99 for console, pre-order pack, Little Deviants game.

Soooo many bundles now it is hard to figure out which ones are best value!!

rp2000

Associate
I caved in and pre-ordered from Game. Their deal wasn't the best but I had a load of points to use up making it much cheaper than anything else I could find.

I'm asking myself "why did I pre-order this?!" simply because the only reason I wanted to play on one was to complete WipEout 2048. I got a chance to play it for 10 mins in store. Despite being a huge WipEout fan I was not impressed by it at all. Perhaps my views will change after playing it a little but I can't see me getting hooked on it.

Associate
[ZiiP]carrot;21230303 said:
Hang on, is GPS really only on 3G? It says it's on the wifi version of a lot of pages for the device on various sites. Also it seems you won't be able to play PS1 games on release?!?

You get location information from wifi hotspot locations for NEAR functionality though, not as good but will you care?

Associate
Good call. Got a lovely brochure from Sainsbury's last night. Lots of pics and info :) Funnily though, on the remote play notes it didn't mention being able to play PS3 games whatsover despite the official announcement of "all games will be supported" :(
It's not gonna be one of those "PS3's will be backwards compatible for all PS2 games" and then bend us over is it? A lot of people put that feature down as a top reason to get a VITA so I hope they don't let us down.

Back
Top Bottom