New Soundblaster X-Fi driver out for Vista (14th Mar)

Permabanned
I only went by what peeps on Creative forums said, I avoided updated after that and the fact I have really good sound with that peeps modded package (supposed to give DD and DTS back in Vista but dont for me).

The last few drivers do confuse me with build numbers if you actually look in Device Manager.

Last edited:

v0n

v0n

Soldato
As buggy as previous drivers on my platinum fatal1ty & Vista installation, I get random lack of sound for 30-60 seconds when I pause playback of movies and then press play again. There is still distinctive hiss in stereo channels. Seriously messed up.

Associate
I don't know if it's because of the new drivers, but is anyone getting the same problem as me? In Counter Strike Source, sounds from the rear left are going to my front right speaker, and sounds from rear right are going to front left. Is anyone else having this problem?

You have got the speakers the right way round? ;)

Caporegime
I don't know if it's because of the new drivers, but is anyone getting the same problem as me? In Counter Strike Source, sounds from the rear left are going to my front right speaker, and sounds from rear right are going to front left. Is anyone else having this problem?

Use the THX console to reassign the channels.

Associate
If you can hear yourself you need to mute the microphone under the playback options.

My issue is the microphone is never picked up properly. I have it all hooked up and configured correctly but it doesn't pick up any sound.

What mode is your card set to in the Audio Console?

For some reason if I set my X-Fi Xtreme Gamer to Game Mode, it disables the microphone input :confused:; I just leave it on Entertainment mode permanently as a result.

Permabanned
After installing these the volume and bass are messed up in few games, menus mainly, volume and bass are turned down yet in some cases in so loud the floor is vibrating. :confused:

Vista 64-bit here.

Associate
i've just installed the update that came thorugh the downloader, i can hear the channel test, but i can't hear anything else.,....

running Vista 32 home premium

EDIT.. seem have fixed it,

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom