New Star Trek series - 2017

Permabanned
OP
Well if they had recreated the crappy tech from TOS then that would have looked ridiculous. Our tech now is more advanced. I’m glad they took the step to make it look futuristic.

Permabanned
OP
BS. It being "too dangerous" pretty much automatically means it's a failure anyway. But leaving that aside, you can't seriously think it's credible that this advancement works enough to never get mentioned again in the next 123 years of Trek history (this is set in 2256, Nemesis is set in 2379)?

So the member of the alien race that the Federation is at war with stopped and made himself visible long enough to warn the away team that they needed to be quiet. Uh huh. Mind, stupidity like that would be in-keeping with the rest of the characters presented so far!

Absolutely it's not impossible. But is it likely? Especially with the (lack of) reverence shown for the chain of command so far in this series...

Hardly. Yes, we learn that Amanda used to read it to her. That's all. That doesn't explain why she was reciting it out loud while being chased by the space kitty.

Ah, the familiar refrain of the injured fanboy :p 'I like it and he didn't, therefore he can't have watched it/didn't watch it right/is wrong because reasons'. Please understand - I'm a huge fan of Star Trek and I really want this show to work. That's why the faults that I'm seeing are so utterly dismaying to me.

Did this series need to be set before TOS? Clearly the visual team would have been happier doing this as a sequel to the Voyager era - then they could show advanced tech without having to worry about it contradicting the look and feel of previous Trek series. They could show a future war against the Romulans instead of a past war against the Klingons. This whole investigation into a new method of faster-than-light travel would play better without the certain knowledge that it fails/doesn't work well enough to be used. They wouldn't be hamstrung by continuity and the sheer weight of Trek canon with the stories that they want to tell.

Exactly what I was thinking, it would fit better further in the future.

Back
Top Bottom