New Star Trek series - 2017

Caporegime
Maybe her parents named her before they knew the baby would be a girl. :p

They probably had a cot engraved with the name Michael after an ultrasound told them it was going to be a boy, it turned out to be a girl and the parents said "**** that" to having to pay to get the name re-engraved. :p

Soldato
Half watched this doing some bits on the laptop. Missus liked it but seemed lions share of the dialogue in Klingon (must have been nerd overtime to generate that much of a fictional language) with the tiniest sub-titles I have ever seen. I can forgive the shinier look to the tech but the capabilities should be no more than in the original. And why wasn't it possible to beam human remains when the transporter was routinely used to move inert cargo?

One of the alien crew members, looked a dead ringer for either a Narn or Drazi from B5!

Caporegime
Half watched this doing some bits on the laptop. Missus liked it but seemed lions share of the dialogue in Klingon (must have been nerd overtime to generate that much of a fictional language) with the tiniest sub-titles I have ever seen. I can forgive the shinier look to the tech but the capabilities should be no more than in the original. And why wasn't it possible to beam human remains when the transporter was routinely used to move inert cargo?

One of the alien crew members, looked a dead ringer for either a Narn or Drazi from B5!

James Doohan (scotty) came up with the basis of the Klingon language, far as i'm aware there is an actual language you can learn if you're as nerdy to be inclined :p

Man of Honour
Stuck at 1080p, is that as good as it gets or is Netflix super busy? Isn't HDR on there usually 2160p?

Blimey, the ship looks more high tech than next gen by a mile!

Decent so far though...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Action - fantastic. Klingons - fantastic. CGI - fantastic. Michael - awful.

Just seems to be sort of "I'm special, I went to Vulcan school, I can break rules because daddy told me." She's so unlikable.

Awesome opener(s) aside from that. Maybe she gets better I dunno, but attacking the captain just to try and prove a point was dumb and wipes away all credibility.

Soldato
Action - fantastic. Klingons - fantastic. CGI - fantastic. Michael - awful.

Just seems to be sort of "I'm special, I went to Vulcan school, I can break rules because daddy told me." She's so unlikable.

Awesome opener(s) aside from that. Maybe she gets better I dunno, but attacking the captain just to try and prove a point was dumb and wipes away all credibility.

She was right though.

Soldato
They probably had a cot engraved with the name Michael after an ultrasound told them it was going to be a boy, it turned out to be a girl and the parents said "**** that" to having to pay to get the name re-engraved. :p

LOL

According to Wiki, Fuller decided to give the character a male name, because he did that with female leads if his previous series. Other shows that aren't Trek, I assume; don't think Voyager or DS9 had female leads with male names. Either way.. odd.

Caporegime
1 thing that bugged me about the battle they take a hit in the first few seconds and get a hull rupture, yet the tactical guy says moments later that shields are at maximum and holding. Always been an issue in trek battles on the series though that shields rarely seem to do much.

Sounds were well done, on the bridge you can hear sounds from both TOS and TNG and they don't sound dated or out of place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom